• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Any idea what this is ?

My neighbor bought this plant at a local nursery and it was labeled as a tepin. Any idea what this really is from these pics ?

Also the stems and leaves are really fuzzy.

Attachments

• plant.JPG
    plant.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 77
  • plant1.JPG
    plant1.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 64
  • plant2.jpg
    plant2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 70
Yep Goat's Weed for sure, they will stay black for a very long time finally ripening to red.  I like the taste better at red stage but my friend prefers them when they are black, taste is much different from Black to red.   

I find the taste profile similar to most Thai chili with the bit of soapy aftertaste but much hotter than any Thai I have tried.   

cheers

i made goatsweed my house pepper - have several plants and they can live for several years. if you do a forum search there is a pro goatsweed post.

once the pods ripen to a shiny red, you will experience their earwax melting heat. the flavour is very pungent, extreme of cayenne, you may not like the raw pepper flavour. i make powder out of some and freeze others and use them in soups/stews/stirfry. 

i have written on this several times, the pinching of goatsweed leaves for further branching but the posts may be archived. this is a fun thing to do.

Back