• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Any idea why this is happening? (PICS INSIDE)

I am growing some white thai peppers in my closet for now until it warms up here more in Houston. Today I noticed that my plant is not looking all that healthy but, what do I know. Lol, can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong here. I am watering there normally and I have 2 T8 6500k bulbs on them.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 53
bangbangchabooky said:
I am growing some white thai peppers in my closet for now until it warms up here more in Houston. Today I noticed that my plant is not looking all that healthy but, what do I know. Lol, can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong here. I am watering there normally and I have 2 T8 6500k bulbs on them.
Im no expert but my guess overwatering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are some funky leaves.

I wouldnt be giving nutrients to it this early, and I dont think its an airflow issue, and I dont think heat is an issue either unless the T8s are right ontop of them, but even still, if you had to pinch them back to keep them from stretching, thats usually an indication the light is either too far away, or is not intense enough. 

Most issues come down to something as simple as the pH of the water youre using, and some of the leaves appear to have have early chlorosis. Do you pH your water? Since its such a baby plant, I am more inclined to say your issue is purely pH based. I would check the pH before getting crazy with trying to fix with adding nutrients. I think your plant has just locked out the nutrients already in the medium as opposed to already used them all up as a result of the pH being off.

Those plants are absolutely big enough to be adding nutrients. Depending how long they've been in the new potting soil. That's not a lot of soil in those cups so they'll deplete it pretty quickly. I would use a liquid nutrient at 25%  though. How long ago did you top them?

Edmick said:
Those plants are absolutely big enough to be adding nutrients. Depending how long they've been in the new potting soil. That's not a lot of soil in those cups so they'll deplete it pretty quickly. I would use a liquid nutrient at 25%  though. How long ago did you top them?

I am using a little dyna gro now 7-9-5 from the bottom to water. And, I pinched off the top last week. The plants are about 4 weeks old and I am starting to think my lighting isn't strong enough. I see so many others thrive with basic CFL bulbs I don't know what I could be doing better.

ItalyChicken said:
Those are some funky leaves.

I wouldnt be giving nutrients to it this early, and I dont think its an airflow issue, and I dont think heat is an issue either unless the T8s are right ontop of them, but even still, if you had to pinch them back to keep them from stretching, thats usually an indication the light is either too far away, or is not intense enough. 

Most issues come down to something as simple as the pH of the water youre using, and some of the leaves appear to have have early chlorosis. Do you pH your water? Since its such a baby plant, I am more inclined to say your issue is purely pH based. I would check the pH before getting crazy with trying to fix with adding nutrients. I think your plant has just locked out the nutrients already in the medium as opposed to already used them all up as a result of the pH being off.

Maybe not intense enough is what I am reading more but, I have seen many basic setups thrive. pH is one thing I didn't take into account I did use my filtered water system for drinking water to feed my plants.

bangbangchabooky said:

Maybe not intense enough is what I am reading more but, I have seen many basic setups thrive. pH is one thing I didn't take into account I did use my filtered water system for drinking water to feed my plants.
The iron and magnesium is more than likely immobilized from the soil being too alkaline which is causing the issues. You can either buy a pH meter, or water testing kit from the aquarium section in a pet store. The kit should have pH up and pH down, and a tiny test tube with test solution.

Personally I have a meter and I only buy pH down, and am just careful in adjusting the water, but for awhile I did use the test tube.

Id give just adjusting the pH of the water a shot for like 4-7 days; I wouldnt want to load immobilized soil with nutrients and then open the flood gates by correcting the pH.

Back