any ideas to make tinned tuna interesting??

Can anyone please give me tips for tuna thats tinned?? I never use it but want to in my sandwiches for work as i always have the same and need a break from the norm! please you talented people!! cumon tex..

Get some almond slices and toast them lightly. Remove tuna from the can and drain the excess fluid. Fine chop some yellow onion. Fine chop your favorite chile. Add 2 parts mustard to 1 part mayo and mix in all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Another one I like is a mix of mayo, fine chopped onion and green olive.

Cheddar cheese goes great with a tuna sammich.

I like a little red onion (TBS) some chopped pickled Jalapeno (about another TBS) a little garlic salt, pepper and Mayo to taste --

Similar to my tuna dip

Sure. Make it with chipotle mayo instead of regular mayo and add shredded carrots and diced pickled jalapenos. Serve on 7-grain or multi-grain bread. Brown bag it (seriously, the brown bag helps ;)).

Canned tuna is a hard sell no matter how you make it. Kinda like putting perfume on a pig.

I do, however, make it about twice a year. My favorite tuna salad has a diced hard-boiled egg, 1/2 of a minced vidalia onion, couple spoons of dill pickle relish, and 1/2 cup Dukes mayo. (salt, pepper, hot sauce to taste!)

I usually serve it on browned texas toast with a big slice of melted cheese and perhaps....some bacon and avocado. ;)

But after all of that....is it REALLY a tuna sandwich....or is the tuna just another ingredient?

Cheers guy's for the ideas will get some tuna and have it in my sarnies wednesday!! Exciting life i lead! haha

Paulkys' recipe is close to my moms and how I do it...

can of tuna
1 hard boiled egg diced
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
HELLMANS mayonaise...if it ain't Hellmans, it ain't mayonaise (gigging you Paulky...lol)

mix up, toast some white bread, put on about 1/2 inch of the tuna salad, some sliced fresh slice jalapenos, get some potato chips and a large glass of iced tea and have at it..

Am I the only one that still eats spicy:?:
And LUCKYDOG.

plain simple tuna and sweetcorn and mayo (never too much though)
and some fresh ground pepper.
Mayo, a little bit of onion and a good dollop of hot sauce and mix well.
But it all depends on what bread you sarnie is made of

...and hot sauce saves the thread. ;)

I put hot sauce in mine....see above! ;)

I usually use Dave's Ultimate Insanity. It sucks alone, but makes a great additive for heat!

Missed that!

I like pickled jalapenos. Actually I don't know if you like wraps but tuna wraps are good with pickled jalapenos and provolone cheese. If you can get a wheat wrap. Yum.

a good sauce with tuna is cajohns fatalii puree or a good strong chipotle flavour,
In fact even better try smoked tuna it's fantastic only prob is you get less for money but it tastes fking great

Here you go, I made this for my Tuna Melt.

2 cans of Tuna fish, in water
1/4 small red onion finely diced
1 hard boiled egg diced
3 Chocolate Habs diced
pinch of minced garlic
2 to 3 Tablespoons of your favorite Hot Sauce (I used up the rest of Bhut Jolokia Madness)
pinch of fresh ground black pepper
pinch of Sea Salt
1 to 2 Tablespoons of Mayo

Slap some favorite cheese on bread and spread. BAM!

Taking a tuna melt to work? Would be cold!

My version is darn close to AJ's but I add a little thyme , a little Ja style curry powder , a little finely chopped pepper like a Habanero or Scotch Bonnet , a lime juice , and a little whole grain dijon mustard. I add the HELLMANS last after I see and taste how things stand. Don't want to watery. I like a thick tuna salad for sandwiches. Great on toast or in a wrap. No cheese for me .

Peace,
P. Dreadie

yeah all sounds good to me think i am gonna go with some chipotle mayo small chopped onions, grated carrot and cabbage and a bit of whole grain, salt pepper and multigrain..... with some potatoe chips.. what ya think guy's?? oh and small squeeze of lime!

Back