• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Any of you have a '05 Holiday Reserve or B-99 on order?

I emailed Blair recently and he confirmed that I'm getting a B-99. Can't wait to check it out. I know some of you probably have one of these on order too. Any news about the contents of the bottle (Scoville rating/ingredients/etc)? I figured some of you might have heard more than I have.

I would think since B-99 was never directly offered the public (only offered as a replacement for a mix-up from that email glitch), that it would be pretty valuable in time.

Thoughts/comments/etc?

Honestly, I don't think there is much to talk about. Many people are just waiting to see what they got, and some will of course go hunt the one they didn't get. I'll be happier with a Holiday Reserve than a B-99, but that's just me. I just hope Blair finds a new inventory control software methodologist for the next go around, so as to avoid this kind of melee in the future.

I think that part of the reason is that this doesn't tend to be a big collector's forum, rather it's mostly discussion with producers/growers/reviewers.

HSB would probably be a better forum for collectors.

I guess I'll out myself as knowing that I'll be receiving a Holiday Reserve rather than a B-99. I'd love to have both, of course, but with the mad rush for these reserves...I'm going to be happy to have one of EITHER. :banghead:

If this discussion thread keeps growing, I agree with John S. that it shpuldn't be here. Not sure if Nick wanted the HSB to be a discussion forum, but it seems to work that way. It seems as though this sorta chat should either go into The Lounge or perhaps the site owner would consider adding a new category specifically about Collecting Hot Sauces.

Just my $0.02....

- Joe

Didn't know it would be such a big deal to bring up collector sauces. I was just asking. :banghead:

I mean there's not THAT much activity on the board anyway, so I didn't think it was clogging it up.

Personally, *every single person* I know that collects hot sauces collects both - the ones to eat, and the collector sauces. And why not? That's part of the fun. :onfire:

Sorry if I came across as scolding, that wasn't my intention at all. I don't think there's anything wrong at all with posting that here. I was trying to be helpful and give you a place where you'd find more impassioned discussion.

Back