trade Any primos for trade/sale?

I just saw a long thread of these peppers called primos or carolina reapers, and they look way too awesome not to try growing a few. I'm not sure the difference between primos or carolina reapers, both are new terms to me, but they look a lot meaner than typical Trini Scorpions. Anyone have any extra seeds of either or both of these types? Worst case I'm willing to Paypal you a few bucks for your troubles, THP member Patrick can definitely vouch for me there, lol.

Side note, anyone care to explain the background of both of those peppers and the differences between them? Someone mentioned both of them, said they didn't have one or the other together to cross pollinate, but I figured I'd ask what they're all about. PM or reply to thread, either works, thanks.

I don't have any to trade but as for your question the primo is a stable cross that produces ugly pods with a mean burn and the Carolina reaper is a cross that ed currie created its supposedly stable and the next "worlds hottest" but there have been a lot of different results in pods and those seeds are available through pepperjoe's website or puckerbutt you probably will have buy those but there are a lot of folks here that might have seeds for the primo

I don't have either but I would of if I could. You have a great character reference in Patrick. There are a lot of nice and generous people on this site from my experience. Good luck on your search and have a great growing season.

PM sent to all those who offered. And yeah Barley-pop57, Pat's a good guy, he and I shoot the breeze every so often and when I find out something new in the pepper world I ask him what he thinks. I figure he's been doing this a lot more than I have, and I value his opinion. He gave me a real good startup package when I started asking around for seeds too.

Back