• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping any quick calcium products?

cal mag is great! calcium is not the only cause of BER, another cause is over watering and from the frequency i read you are watering your BHut i would say back off the waterings and the BER will also go away.

Silly question, but would milk be something you could pour on a plant for calcium? Or is it in a useless/harmful form until broken down by various enzymes and whatnot?

Not seriously suggesting pouring milk on a plant, just curious.

Yeah i think i water a day to early but is that really going to make that big of a difference? Just afraid of them dying from heat while im at work after two days x.x

Overwatering is better than letting them die, but if they've already got one thing going against them you should probably be careful that you don't overdose them on calcium as well.

I don't know where the balance might be, but too many additives won't "make up" for overwatering, it'll just make it worse.

Overwatering is better than letting them die, but if they've already got one thing going against them you should probably be careful that you don't overdose them on calcium as well.

I don't know where the balance might be, but too many additives won't "make up" for overwatering, it'll just make it worse.
i am not saying let them dry out and die! overwateing leads to MANY issues, BER, root rot(which will kill your plant) you can also u a wood skewer to stick in the soil to test the moisture level down in the pot. just how you test brownies to see if they are done. if you put the skewer in and pull it out and it has soil stuck to it and feels damp-no need to water, if you pull it out and it is dry-water.

i am only speaking from my personal experience with killing plants by over watering. i have forgot to water a plant and came home from work and it was so bad looking, i gave it a good soaking and placed it in the shade and in a few hours it was back to normal.

but hey, i am just speaking on my own experience, just giving you some ideas on what helped me.

I actually had to increase my watering to get rid of the BER. The plants werent drinking, so no calcium was being taken in even though there was plenty in the soil. I was only watering once a week and there hasn't been any rain since I put them in the ground. Changed my watering to every other day, drip system, 1 hour a day = about .3 gallon per plant.

Also the pods that didn't get BER had really thin walls which caused me to lose a ton of them to sunscald.

i am not saying let them dry out and die!
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you were, I just meant that if he has to be away from them long enough that them dying is a real possibility, then overwatering is better than the alternative.

Back