• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Any recipes for Frozen Wild Mushrooms?

Hi folks, I've found a trade partner for frozen wild mushrooms and I love mushrooms. I grow and trade hot peppers, hot sauce and hot pepper powders for frozen wild mushrooms. I welcome all recipes you would like to share. Preferably not spicy.

lolol.. so what kind of mushroom? hopefully not out in the cow pasture variety.. I used to pick wild mushrooms for big bucks in washington state.. they have a season for wild chanterelle, mushrooms. they only grow in the pacific northwest and in the black forest in germany so 3.00 to 4.00 per pound was common.. so basically 200- 300,00 per day for about a month or so... i have a few recipes for that variety.. pm me for more info..

Pizza with the shrooms and pepperoni.

Hmmmmm.
Dry them, powder them, mix with tang.

Oh, you mean the food kind.

I thought trading hot pods was mad, but wild 'shrooms picked by someone else?

Keep that jar of Tang handy---you may need it.

As for recipes, it really depends on the shroom.
Morels are just fine all by themselves.
Some are great inside a tortellini with some white sauce, many are fantastic in a quiche.

I was given these three:

Maitake
Chicken of the woods
Chantrelle

Wish I could get my hands on some morels.

make mushroom soup, there excellent that way

there are some excellent recipes on line

thanks your friend Joe

Howardsnm1 - I used to do the same thing in Scotland. We usually found Chanterelles, Cep and a variety of other Bolete mushrooms, including the highly poisonous Boletes, Ink Caps, Chicken of the woods and Beefsteak fungus. By the beach we found Horse mushrooms (delicious) and Puff balls. The local high end restaurants paid big bucks for them for about a 4-6 week season.

My preference has always been sauted in butter. Don`t mess with perfection.

Back