• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Any thoughts on what i got here?

So this plant was grown from a seed taken out of a pack of yellow devil's tongue seeds. I grew 3 plants total. 2 of them are indeed producing yellow devils tongue peppers. This one is different. The pepper on the right is small for this plant...about the size of a typical orange habanero or scotch bonnet. The one on the left and most of the other peppers are 3 inches or so in length and slightly fatter than a habanero. They end up that blaze orange you see towards the top of the pepper. Flavor is slightly similar to a habanero...just has a different flavor mixed in to it. It is also hotter than a habanero....but not by a ton. I would venture to guess in the 500k range on the scoville scale. Any thoughts? They are amazing sliced up on a turkey sandwich.

IMG_20130924_180732_842.jpg

Maybe I overestimated. Maybe most are 3 inches long. A couple are short and fat like habs.

Habaneros are what I thought at first but some of the peppers on this plant are significantly larger than habaneros.  Particularly in the length of them.  I can try and get some better pics and post later.

Habenero, it seems
Edit: some of the ones in the background look like scotch bonnet from the top, maybe yellow devils tongue was too close to the bonnet plants and pollen drifted over in the farm.

Back