• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

any tips on growings jolokias?

HotPeppas

Banned
My bhut is growing painfully slow. Not very big and the unopened flowers seem small. I give all plants the same treatment

Any ideas or maybe they need different something

But i been watering every 2-3 days. Will to mich humidity or heat cause this?

All my others are growing fine. I guess they must be picky or i got a bad plant

what size pot you have it in? you might be watering too much, the key to watering in my experience is soak the soil till water runs out the bottom, then wait till the plant starts to wilt and document the days it took for it to wilt and then you know how long you can go and alter the days based on weather. i can usually go 10+ days between watering as its not all that hot here in San Diego. but 2-3 days seems like it might me much

Here in humid, sun starved, soaked florida, my Bhuts have been my best plants.

I don't understand why everyone thinks they are so hard. They have been VERY prolific, and seem to love my climate.

It all depends : I planted ALL my seeds the same day in march. Some of theese seeds have grown to a mature plant (most of them) and so far have 50+ pods on them. BUT I have 2 that have late germinated and they are still 6 inches tall. ALL the plants had the same amount of care and had 99% the same conditions.

So I guess some bhuts are just more stubborn!

i would check your how wet your soil is after 2 days, even at 100 in a raised bed i dont see your plants drinking that much water. but i dont live where it EVER gets to be 100 so i am just speaking on reading experience.

I have been watering my bhuts more than every 2-3 days, but we had a heat wave with drought like conditions and extremely high temps the past couple of weeks. When the temp dropped back down to warm-normal I found the leaves on the bhuts started to yellow slightly, which was the plants saying "enough with the water already!"

Back