• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody else growing cannabis?

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
We've had legal homegrow in Virginia since the summer and I've been having a blast. I run a little 36x20x63 tent and have been able to provide a modest abundance for myself and some family. Just switched from a three-plant staggered autoflower cycle with individual reservoirs to one big reservoir so I can run autos or photos.
Anybody else post your rig?

20211222_210225.jpg

Last edited:
The soil depth itself is about 16", but maybe less now due to continued decomposition. I haven't measured it lately. It used to be nearly 2 feet deep, but quickly settled over the first few months and then started to lower in volume year after year of reuse.
Thanks, that is a great idea.

That particular phenotype of Bruce Banner you had going there looks frosty. Great job also on the training to ensure that the flowering parts are the ones that are exposed to light and not growing on the inside. Not to hard to trim and less "popcorn". Very nice!

Thanks! :D The rosin had a strong flavor of strawberry candy. Pretty cool. I've got another of those going now.

I shoot for this with training - sometimes the plants cooperate. Stretch 'em a bit first to get the branches up away from the training collar. Zkittlez, this one.
20211010_120032.jpg

Tougher to recognize PTs in the new format..
Ruddy-Duck-5-650x425.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to but still frowned upon here. Maybe in the near future. Heard Oklahoma allows growing for personal use. Maybe I'll load up the wagon and head there one day. I've been looking at property in OK and the prices are very attractive.

I think that's only for medical, but it's pretty open in OK per the letter of the law. Never been there, though.

I've been growing cannabis outdoors for about 4/5 years now, since it's been decriminalized for home use over here. There's still a huge stigma attached & plant theft is rampant, so I still have to keep it a secret...

That's a shame. :( A tall fence and a big dog might make your neighbor's plants more appealing.

A tall fence and a big dog might make your neighbor's plants more appealing.

Backyard theft of plants was really crazy during the first summer after Canadian legalization. Kids were jumping fences to harvest plants that weren't even in flower yet! Reddit has lots of posts showing surveillance videos of guys pulling them out of the ground, and sometimes carrying off plants pots and all. Once growing caught on though, more people started doing it and I haven't heard of any thefts in my area at least. I had to fix something on the roof about my rain gutter, and I could see at least 20 backyards in each direction. I swear half of them had plants growing. Lol

What's crazy is you're urged to call the police if someone stole your weed! And they actually do investigate apparently, but you need the case number in any case for any insurance claims. Interesting times indeed!

Being the rebel I've always been, the fact that growing your 4 cannabis plants almost seems to be a civic duty now led me to rebel. So I'm growing hot peppers in my indoor tent now. Now that should really stick it to the "man". Hahaha!

Folks were all ready with the, "Grow Your Four, Virginia!" stickers right when the new laws were enacted, lol. Funny, though, all of them I've seen have come from DC.

Made some edibles yesterday.
CBD Crirical Mass, superb for pain management :)

Interesting and must be a good source of fiber. Lol j/k
I have about 30 grams of 50/50 rosin in the freezer from a Nordle/Argyle grow a couple years back. I normally make gummies, but I've been toying with the idea of making gummies with a bit of super-hot peppers and the rosin together. Has anyone tried this? 2 of my favorite plant secondary metabolites in one gummy. I can't imagine how this could be wrong? Lol

I used to extract the oil but since my vacuum gizmo died I cant get a good separation so I just grind up the whole greens, its actually an advantage since you know you are getting 100% of the content. I found the dregs leftover still had a kick so didn't want to waste it, and its allot quicker and can be done in less then two hours instead of two days.

Just like any other food just with a extra buzz.

Speaking of "other" food, I just made 2 camembert cheeses with some very finely chopped hot peppers added to the milk at the same time I added the calcium chloride. It's still in the molds settling down for the night. I already turned them 4 times. I'll turn them again in the morning.

20220101_221751.jpg

I seriously prefer my own camemberts compared to what you buy in Walmart for over $8 each for the "premium" brands. I can make 2 camemberts from one gallon of milk, so not only are my cheeses only under $2.50 each in cost, but I can add crazy stuff to them and make them mine and so much more delicious and appealing. These are the things crazy people do during a global pandemic during New Years Day. Hahaha

I used to extract the oil but since my vacuum gizmo died I cant get a good separation so I just grind up the whole greens, its actually an advantage since you know you are getting 100% of the content. I found the dregs leftover still had a kick so didn't want to waste it, and its allot quicker and can be done in less then two hours instead of two days.

Vacuum gizmo? In Canada I think that's illegal anyway because those solvents used in a vacuum setup are not permitted due to safety issues. You can make bubble hash and press it, or do sift as much as you want though by law. I tend to follow the law now. Not so much 4+ beyond years back. Lol

Nothing illegal, its a food saver gizmo, add oil then vacuum seal then slow low heat for 24 hours to extract.
Awesome u do cheese, used to make it all the time, my fav was mixing Brie with Roquefort culture , it made a stable Brie that didn't liquefy after three months and had a mild blue cheese flavor to it.

Awww, now I understand. When you mentioned vacuum, extraction, and separation, I was picturing a lot of empty cans of butane lying about. Lol

I've been toying with the idea of fermenting pepper mash using the vacuum sealer. Since my mashes in half-gallon jars with an airlock seem to always turn out well, I'm not sure what if any advantage it would give me. I guess it's the novelty of it that makes me want to try it anyway.

Back