• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Anybody like Pink Floyd?

Here's a tip. Brit Floyd.

We used to go way out of our way at every opportunity to see Pink Floyd but the last time that happened was their last tour in 1994 when we saw them in New Orleans and it was effenepic. After many years of hopefully waiting, it eventually became apparent it would never happen again.

Next best thing. In 2014 we discovered Brit Floyd and have seen them perform every year ever since in the tiny Saenger Theatre in Pensacola. Yeah, BF is a tribute band but they are every bit as good as P.F ever was but with a 20 year advantage provided by technology. They present the same crystal clear wall of sound that will flat out knock your socks off. They add their own unique twists and turns that will often make you sit up and say "WTF did they just do?".

So anyway, they're on a North American tour again this year and it begins next week. They're affiliated with PBS and play in the artsy types of venues that PBS loves which generally means a great concert experience in a small and classy venue. Check the schedule to see if they're coming to a place near you and go if you possibly can. You'll be blown away. Can't wait until June when we see them again.This will be 6 years in a row for us to see them and I don't know how they do it but they get better every year.

If they're coming to your area you'll be able to preview them on PBS when they do the pledge drive concert shows. They also have some stuff on you tube. Not sure what's there anymore but there used to be some good stuff from an old show at Red Rocks in Colorado and an entire concert in Amsterdam.

Schedule and a couple of pictures from '16 and '17.

https://www.britfloyd.com/

ak3yA8L.jpg

taoQwWy.jpg

i had a friend trying to get me to go see the real floyd back in the day. it was the tour for the wall and only a couple of venues could handle the stage setup. in the US it was los angeles and uniondale, NY. tickets were about $200 around 1980 and i said no way will i pay that but looking back i should have paid it and seen them. 

i`ve never seen brit floyd but i saw Australian Pink Floyd in a television concert and they were very good. 

DWB, you must have seen this brief reunion. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxBSK6caEl8

DWB said:
Here's a tip. Brit Floyd.

We used to go way out of our way at every opportunity to see Pink Floyd but the last time that happened was their last tour in 1994 when we saw them in New Orleans and it was effenepic. After many years of hopefully waiting, it eventually became apparent it would never happen again.

Next best thing. In 2014 we discovered Brit Floyd and have seen them perform every year ever since in the tiny Saenger Theatre in Pensacola. Yeah, BF is a tribute band but they are every bit as good as P.F ever was but with a 20 year advantage provided by technology. They present the same crystal clear wall of sound that will flat out knock your socks off. They add their own unique twists and turns that will often make you sit up and say "WTF did they just do?".

So anyway, they're on a North American tour again this year and it begins next week. They're affiliated with PBS and play in the artsy types of venues that PBS loves which generally means a great concert experience in a small and classy venue. Check the schedule to see if they're coming to a place near you and go if you possibly can. You'll be blown away. Can't wait until June when we see them again.This will be 6 years in a row for us to see them and I don't know how they do it but they get better every year.

If they're coming to your area you'll be able to preview them on PBS when they do the pledge drive concert shows. They also have some stuff on you tube. Not sure what's there anymore but there used to be some good stuff from an old show at Red Rocks in Colorado and an entire concert in Amsterdam.

Schedule and a couple of pictures from '16 and '17.

https://www.britfloyd.com/

ak3yA8L.jpg

taoQwWy.jpg
i just checked their tour dates and they are near me in early May. i might check it out. :cheers:

definitely ! I first seen them on channel 11 Chicago , they were running a fund raiser and selling tickets for pretty cheap , also watched a interview / documentary of them a few months back . They are the shit ! as close as one will get to waters and Gilmore !        :party:  

Never seen Brit Floyd but I have seen The Machine. They don't look like they'd be any good but they were. They didn't have a whole lot of lasers though. I also got to see Roger Water's Dark Side tour many years back, best show I've ever seen.

Saw them twice, have these albums on CD:

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
A Saucerful of Secrets
More
Ummagumma
Atom Heart Mother
Meddle
Obscured by Clouds
The Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
Animals
The Wall
The Final Cut
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
The Division Bell
Pulse
Relics
A Nice Pair
A Collection of Great Dance Songs
Works

I also saw them in '94 in the old Philly Spectrum. The venue was like a prison, but the show was intense and amazing. 

I also saw them in Yankee Stadium that year. That show was much better because I had seats on the field. 

Yeah, I love Floyd - Animals, Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall... Seen them in concert back in 1986 I believe it was. They had the huge floating pigs and a big laser light show. I don't remember the tickets being that extraordinarily expensive, either.

Our Brit Floyd concert happened last Friday night, the first day of summer. It was all we hoped for, and more. They always do some of the more obscure music and this year they did one if my favorites, Fearless. And they rocked it good with their own special touch. That song is still playing in my head all these days later. Awesome.

They're on tour in NA until the first week in August. Still 30 more chances for some of y'all to enjoy this experience. I don't how they do it but they manage to kick it up another gear every year.

0niEQtO.jpg

Back