• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anybody selling live Super Chile plants now?

Super Chilies are normally really common at nurseries and farmer's markets near me. The ones with the BloomIQ ID tags have been really good.

Chewi said:
try Piedmont Farm and Garden.
I had found them from a Google search which lead me to this page:

http://www.piedmontfarmandgarden.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=super+chile

It states:

PRE-ORDER TODAY SHIPPING BEGINS EARLY APRIL 2017

I sent them an email on Saturday and they did not reply.

I just called them (very late on East Coast) but a recording said that voicemail was not set up.  I'm going to cal them tomorrow morning.  I'd like to speak with a person before ordering something online form them first.

I'll reply to the thread and let you know how it works out.

I called again this morning and again no answer, just a recording stating that voice mail has not been set up for this number.  They still haven't answered my email that I sent on Saturday.  I wish these guys the best, but I'm not placing an a order.

Piedmont dude gave excellent customer service when I had trouble with an order coming partially infested ...

Was exceedingly forthright and demanded I accept a full refund despite my suggestion that I wasn't comfortable with it when I'd probably save most of them (wasn't bad) ...

If you can get contact, I think trustworthiness is not a problem.

The Hot Pepper said:

I'll reach out, but that was posted 10 months ago.  Ty

grantmichaels said:
In other news, I once bought Super Chili plants from Hirt's via Amazon ...

They were the ONLY plants to come true that order, lol ...

But, if you are desperate ...

Ha Ha - I'm not that desperate.  I once bought what was allegedly a Ghost pepper plant form Hirts and it came infested with aphids.  I couldn't kill tham all so I had to throw it out.

I second the order from Piedmont.  I actually ordered a Super Chile plant from them in my order.  Came in fine the other day.  Check out my post in the vendor section.

Although I have purchased from 96Strat and his plants are excellent as well.

Thanks for all of the ideas.

96Strat is sold out and I was weary of dealing with Piedmont, because they never returned my email that I sent 6 days ago and they never answer their listed phone and never set up voicemail.  I bought some other types for my garden this year.

Back