Anybody with a Weber kettle

Wow that's nice. I have a kettle I use for BBQ only, but I could use that to make a mean seared ahi!!

I have cast iron on my Q, they are the best. I prefer the regular cast iron over the porcelain coated. Get them!

Yeah I saw that pizza stone. Cheap too.

I'll have to look at something like that. The only full size kettle BBQ i have is getting pulled apart to use ing my UDS very soon.....I'll have to see if I can find another one!!

That is very cool. I don't have a Weber but my grill does have uncoated cast iron grates. I will never buy a grill that does not come with CI grates.

Hey. What do you know? I'm here looking to see if anyone here bought this or reviewed it. I told my neighbor I'm going to switch from gas back to charcoal and get a Webber Kettle. He proceeded to go to his back yard and returned with a pretty new one he just gave me. Score! I saw the ones that bbqpitboys.com used and was searching around for something like that. Anyway, I came across this cast iron grate a few hours ago and just ordered one. I think it is going to be excellent.

Hey. What do you know? I'm here looking to see if anyone here bought this or reviewed it. I told my neighbor I'm going to switch from gas back to charcoal and get a Webber Kettle. He proceeded to go to his back yard and returned with a pretty new one he just gave me. Score! I saw the ones that bbqpitboys.com used and was searching around for something like that. Anyway, I came across this cast iron grate a few hours ago and just ordered one. I think it is going to be excellent.

We'll need piccy's....preferably with some sort of meat or meat byproduct. :dance:

My big kettle died a few years ago. Dad gave it to me. The thing lasted about 30 years. I have 2 small Smokey Joes. Wonder if the small grate will fit it.

My big kettle died a few years ago. Dad gave it to me. The thing lasted about 30 years. I have 2 small Smokey Joes. Wonder if the small grate will fit it.

If not you can always order one. I make hand thrown custom hibachi grills for my Tuna buddies and I always get them a custom grate to go with the hibachi. This guy can make you a grate in any size and with almost any name and or picture on it. The last hibachi I made I had a fishing line with a hook on it and a Tuna going for the hook. I setup in the design in photoshop and just e-mailed him the pic! Cost about $65 for a 10" grate to my door. Here is his site.

http://www.huntingdoncocustoms.com/bbqgrillgrates.html

Hey Sickmont. I got my cast iron grate yesterday and I bbq'd 2 rib eye steaks last night. I also used a smoker box with hickory and it turned out FANTASTIC! It's so nice to be back to the old charcoal ways. Oh by the way, my steak was covered with 2 roasted green chiles (Sandia Hot). Best steak I've had in a long time. I recommend you get the cast iron grate.

I know...Texas blues...I didn't get pictures. I suck. I'm still not use to taking pictures of my food and putting it on the internet. My mind is focused on the preparation and the eatin. I'll get better.

Hey Sickmont. I got my cast iron grate yesterday and I bbq'd 2 rib eye steaks last night. I also used a smoker box with hickory and it turned out FANTASTIC! It's so nice to be back to the old charcoal ways. Oh by the way, my steak was covered with 2 roasted green chiles (Sandia Hot). Best steak I've had in a long time. I recommend you get the cast iron grate.

I know...Texas blues...I didn't get pictures. I suck. I'm still not use to taking pictures of my food and putting it on the internet. My mind is focused on the preparation and the eatin. I'll get better.

I'll give you a pass. THP is worse than me when it comes to piccy's. Do your 'thang and give us some love when you can!

I bought these things and I love them! Great grill marks, even heat, etc. I'll try to attach some pics iffin' I can figure out how. Bit apparently I can't, so visit http://www.midwestchileheads.com/growingtips.htm

Back