vendor anyone ever dealt with sandia seed?

they seem to have some decent prices on bulk but i've never heard of them before.

as i look farther at their site seems all their seed is OP.

I'm bumping this thread up again because I am considering putting in an order with Sandia, and I am hoping more people have had some experience with this company they would like to share. 

My first seeds were from Sandia seed.  The scorpions have not grown true-  they are yellow jamiacan squash peppers.  The rest (aside from the NM green chilies,  which grew true)  have yet to pod.  I did however get good germ rates 

I may have spoken too soon. My second "scorpion" started putting out pods and the first one looks JUST like a scorpion?

Maybe a yellow Jamaican squash just got mixed into my seed? Which is weird, considering they don't even sell them lol

I bought a few varieties of seeds from Sandia for this year's grow, and there were loads of issues.

First, the jalapeno varieties had pretty close to no heat. We had a wet summer, so I can forgive that if it was the only issue.

I bought some yummy orange peppers so my daughter could pick them off the vine and have something to snack on too. Thankfully I tasted one first, because they were actually pretty hot. They were obviously grown too close to hot pappers and became mixed.

The jalmunos had a touch of heat, but not where it was supposed to be. The big jims were ok, and I can't say much because it is the first time I ever grew them so I have no point of comparison.

The shishito peppers were brutal. I picked them at the right time and cooked them up using instructions I found online (they are all the same). Instead of being a delicacy they tasted bitter and were basically like ass. This was a huge letdown, especially since I tried them for the first time as a treat when friends were over, and I pumped them up as a delicacy.

I grow paprika every year, and the ones I bought from here were easily the worst I have ever tried. Four plants produced maybe 15-20 paprikas in total, and the nice paprika flavor was completely absent.

Maybe other people have had different experiences, but seeing as almost all of the plants grown from the seeds from Sandia were huge letdowns I will avoid this place from now on.

I've grown lots of Sandia Seed hot peppers with great success!  I love growing their Hatch chiles, and super hot peppers – here are some of my harvests from www.sandiaseed.com seeds from last year. The Goat Horn hot peppers were LOADED with peppers. I dried them and made lots of hot pepper flakes! I'm growing lots more varieties from them this year, including lots of Hatch chile varieties, I can't wait! Starting my seeds this weekend. 

Goat_Horn_Peppers_IMG_20170911_101602232.jpg

Pepper_Harvest_IMG_6342.jpg

Hot_pepper_harvest.jpg

Back