Anyone ever try this?

I've got some late starters going in my seed tray, figured I'd give one of my Jamaican Scotch Bonnets a shot at the water glass method.  I've done this with basil plenty of times from cuttings, and a couple weeks later they've got substantial roots growing.  I realize pepper plants and basil are not close to the same, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see what happens.  Anyone tried this, or tried propagating a cutting in water like this?

This all started because of a disastrous overwintering attempt, where I was only able to save 1 plant, an orange bell pepper which has gone frickin nuts since coming out of dormancy.  So from the response and what I've read, they should do well in the glass.  I've added a few more SB's and a few air holes, I'll put up some pics when they get a little older.

My stock got replenished by chileplants.com and THP members and Lowes.  This year I have:

In garden:
2 Orange Habs from Lowes
2 Superchiles from Lowes
3 Jamaican reds from chileplants.com
3 Jamaican golds from chileplants.com
2 Prik Chi Faa from chileplants.com
2 Golden Greeks from chileplants.com
2 Bishops Crowns from chileplants.com

In Smart Pots:
1 Bhut Jolokia from chileplants.com
1 Fatalii from chileplants.com
1 Red Savina from chileplants.com
1 Scotch Bonnet yellow from chileplants.com
1 Carolina Reaper from chileplants.com
1 Trinidad Scorpion from chileplants.com

In Glass:
4 Jamaican Scotch Bonnets from jamican ladies in Florida

In Seed Tray:
3 Congo Trinidad from THP Forum Members (You guys are the best seed source by far)
3 Peach Bishop Crowns from THP Forum Members (Don't remember who gave me this one but they are awesome!)
3 Fataliis from THP Forum Members 

I promised I wouldn't go crazy with the chile plants this year, that didn't happen.  I'm certainly not hurting for plants but I would have loved to have my overwinters that didn't make it.  

Back