• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Anyone have a good jerk dry rub recipe?

As the title says, I'm looking for a good dry rub for meat and vegetables that will get grilled. I have a general feel for what should be in it, but recipes are all over the place when searching the web. I'm trying for something with a fairly authentic flavor.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. Whipped up some jerk chicken and vegetables for dinner since this was so easy. 

I did one thing a little different, I added a Tbsp of brown sugar for some bark on the grill but other than that, I made it as you wrote except I didn't have mace. 

I took about 1/3 of the recipe and made it spicy with a tsp of my Not 7 pot powder for the chicken. It was very good. The rest (with a little chipotle powder) went on the vegetables for those in the house with less of a tolerance. 

Everyone enjoyed it. The only criticism was from my wife who isn't a fan of cloves. I think we'll 1/2 the amount of cloves next time to keep her happy. 

Back