• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone here ever grow Dundicuts?

I saw these at a local spice market :eek: & couldn't resist picking some up. From Pakistan. I tried one & they are definitely not as hot as say a Hab but they are still hot enough for me to use in dishes as I put Tabasco, Texas Pete Hotter hot sauce, Valentina Picante, etc... on many of the foods I eat. Wiki says they're 55K- 65K S.U. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundicut
If I can free up another pot, I'm using @ 15 right now :oops: , I might see if I can grow some. The seeds are probably viable but who knows. I've grown a couple of super hots but I can't see using them in everyday cooking so these I would be able to use regularly like my Jalapeno or Thai plants.

6358926339_7ff3096aa0_z.jpg

i did try the powder many years ago before i had a tolerance and it was one of the hottest i had at that point

we used the rest of the powder to keep the squirrels out of the bird feed :lol: :lol: i do dislike squirrels :flamethrower:

if they didn't use too much heat to dry them they might germinate

thanks your friend Joe

i did try the powder many years ago before i had a tolerance and it was one of the hottest i had at that point

we used the rest of the powder to keep the squirrels out of the bird feed :lol: :lol: i do dislike squirrels :flamethrower:

if they didn't use too much heat to dry them they might germinate

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks Joe. I ate my 2nd one and it didn't seem overly hot. There's many people here w/ a much higher heat-tolerance than me though. They're about as big @ as an American dime ($.10)

gonna try and grow them?
They're not very high on my list because I have two different varieties of thai plants which i frequently use in cooking, two jalapeno plants, and 5 piquin seedlings that just sprouted :woohoo: . I prolly will as I have a few plants that seem to have ran out of steam because of the change of the seasons perhaps. they've gone dormant so I may free up a pot or two for new growing.

They're not very high on my list because I have two different varieties of thai plants which i frequently use in cooking, two jalapeno plants, and 5 piquin seedlings that just sprouted :woohoo: . I prolly will as I have a few plants that seem to have ran out of steam because of the change of the seasons perhaps. they've gone dormant so I may free up a pot or two for new growing.
let us know how they do
thanks your friend joe

Back