• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anyone here grow PEPPER (like Salt n pepper? )

hello,
would like to know if i can row pepper (like the pepper always side by side with salt) not pepers like chili peppers...

ok so anyone here grow that?

can i grow some indoor?

thanks

I dont grow it, but I'm pretty sure it grows on a vine. I suppose if you have enough space indoors you could do it though.

hello,
would like to know if i can row pepper (like the pepper always side by side with salt) not pepers like chili peppers...
Why ever would you even want to, given how wonderful chiles are, and how ew, ick, yuck that stuff is???? ;)

it does grow on a vine, and usually takes 2 years to fully ripen, thus it only grows well in very warm area's that do not freeze. it also gets pretty large. if you cant grow all year long, then you cant grow it.

there is "sechuan" pepper that can go to -5 celcius or over if covered during freeze time... but who know.. maybe tehre some nice interesting rare pepper growing in siberia ;)

thanks for your help guys!.

Pepper, as in salt and pepper, is from the piper nigrum plant, a large vine native to coastal India. Black, white and green pepper all come from this plant and are processed in different ways to get the different colors. Sichuan pepper is a different thing entirely. It comes from a particular species of the prickly ash tree, zanthoxylum simulans, a native of eastern China.

I am going to try these here in so.cal. they are supposed to get huge do a google search on (piper nigerum)
pipe_44.jpg

http://www.ehow.com/how_8084743_grow-black-pepper-plants-indoors.html

and you can buy the plant here for 27 bucks with shipping(plant is 13.50 ans shipping is 13.50)

Back