Anyone know a good source for a sizable qty of T.Scorps / other super hots?

Looking for alternative vendors for superhots, at present the need is for T.Scorp in bulk with wholesale pricing. Would be nice to find someone with variety for future reference. 

Pepperlover is usually a great resource, but no more fresh pods for a bit apparently - it happens. 

I have a few other sources, but all have green pods right now. 

Any suggestions welcome, but must be a DBA/licensed business. I can't buy from hobby growers due to CA manufacturing regs.

Thank you. :cheers:

Duffy- Refining Fire-  He has lots of contract growers- I got some for Candice about this time a few years ago.  It was a scramble, but I got about 50 pounds (I think)
McDermott- Buckeye Pepper Co
Puckerbutt- they sell a lot of fresh-

salsalady said:
Duffy- Refining Fire-  He has lots of contract growers- I got some for Candice about this time a few years ago.  It was a scramble, but I got about 50 pounds (I think)
McDermott- Buckeye Pepper Co
Puckerbutt- they sell a lot of fresh-
I can't buy from Duffy because he lacks clear chain of custody by virtue of using contract growers.

Mike McDermott doesn't have T.Scorps

Pukerbutt is my normal primary source that I'm looking to back up.

Maybe we can help each other.  Not sure what you mean by licensed.  We are registered with the state of Kentucky as 'Third Day Farm'.  BTW: The name references the third day of creation, when god created plants.  I have been shipping MFRBs which are probably a bit over 3 1/2 pounds for $42.00 which works out to about $12.00 a pound.  Not sure how much you need, so can not say if I can provide it.

Willing to acquire what ever is necessary, but everything in my state moves slowly and first frost is on its way.  From what you said, I get the feeling you need to prove the chain of custody in accordance with Food Safety Modernization Act or some CA version of same.  Third Day Farm will be FSMA registered by next year DBA as Peppers by Mail.  Currently, we are exempt because we sell most produce in state and we are well below the half million dollar or what ever it is limit.  However, am learning that the exemptions extended to small business do not extend to their customers.

I think that is what someone said about Mr. Duffy.  That he contracts with small growers who are exempt from FSMA.  Yep, the whole thing is set up so that if you want to sell to folk who are FSMA registered, you benefit from being FSMA your self.  So while I doubt I will ever exceed that half million dollar exemption, if I want to sell to folk who do reach it I gotta play by the big boy rules.  To that end, I have turned to both the VA and SCORE to find a mentor who can walk me threw the steps and stay organized.  Not there yet because the season is hot and heavy now.

Sorry, too much coffee.  Short version, what do you need other than the business license number?  Do you need FSMA registration?

BTW - I dont see Butch Taylor mentioned.  Someone told me he was at $12.00 / pound.  Not sure if that includes shipping.  Not sure if he is FSMA.  When I go threw the process, I hope to document it for others so that if it is possible for smaller growers to provide for larger producers they will have a reference.  If I can figure it out, anyone can figure it out.

ajdrew said:
Maybe we can help each other.  Not sure what you mean by licensed.  We are registered with the state of Kentucky as 'Third Day Farm'.  BTW: The name references the third day of creation, when god created plants.  I have been shipping MFRBs which are probably a bit over 3 1/2 pounds for $42.00 which works out to about $12.00 a pound.  Not sure how much you need, so can not say if I can provide it.

Willing to acquire what ever is necessary, but everything in my state moves slowly and first frost is on its way.  From what you said, I get the feeling you need to prove the chain of custody in accordance with Food Safety Modernization Act or some CA version of same.  Third Day Farm will be FSMA registered by next year DBA as Peppers by Mail.  Currently, we are exempt because we sell most produce in state and we are well below the half million dollar or what ever it is limit.  However, am learning that the exemptions extended to small business do not extend to their customers.

I think that is what someone said about Mr. Duffy.  That he contracts with small growers who are exempt from FSMA.  Yep, the whole thing is set up so that if you want to sell to folk who are FSMA registered, you benefit from being FSMA your self.  So while I doubt I will ever exceed that half million dollar exemption, if I want to sell to folk who do reach it I gotta play by the big boy rules.  To that end, I have turned to both the VA and SCORE to find a mentor who can walk me threw the steps and stay organized.  Not there yet because the season is hot and heavy now.

Sorry, too much coffee.  Short version, what do you need other than the business license number?  Do you need FSMA registration?

BTW - I dont see Butch Taylor mentioned.  Someone told me he was at $12.00 / pound.  Not sure if that includes shipping.  Not sure if he is FSMA.  When I go threw the process, I hope to document it for others so that if it is possible for smaller growers to provide for larger producers they will have a reference.  If I can figure it out, anyone can figure it out.

I buy from Butch, and he's a great guy, great quality - but all his pods are green right now. 

At the moment I could use about 35 lbs. For that qty I'd want slightly better pricing because it's a sizable amount, but $12 is what I pay for 8-10 lbs typically, so you're not far off. 

Mr. Duffy's pod quality is excellent from what I've had in the past and I would buy pods from him, but since they might be from multiple sources, that's a hiccup for my state. Basically if I buy from you, I'll send you a spec sheet to fill out. On it, you'll list the harvest date as a "lot ID" - this is for recall purposes primarily. CA is big on CYA. heh

So yeah - if you're a single source grower, and a licensed business, I can buy from you. PM me with what you can supply and your terms - if it's 30 lbs that would probably work - I usually bump up the qty by a few lbs to account for spoilage in shipping. 

Thanks AJ - really appreciate the response and look forward to hearing from you. 

Back