• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Anyone know this Chinense?

Dat looks indeed like an option. Excellent fruity taste definately fits. Someone else suggested Datil, but the Datil has shorter fruit. Thanks.

Where did you obtain your seeds?
It doesn't really look like the Bonda ma Jacques that I grow which are usually pointier and not as bright a yellow, but there are probably dozens of unidentified yellow C.chinenses out there, or it could just be a cross.
Whats the taste like?

Novacastrian said:
They are from the Caribean and are related to the Habanero family.

Note from the taxonomy police:

all habaneros are chinenses
not all chinenses are habaneros

constablA.jpg

I have agree with Novacastrian .... It looks like the Bonda Ma Jaque strain. That doesn't mean much . Pictures
and your growing area can make them look different. I'm going to grow the Bonda Ma Jaque this year. It sounded like a pepper for my needs.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

Noshownate said:
yeah,but were there some on there that didnt have points?

I think there was 1 but it was a mutant and all were darker yellow. Don't think its lucifer's tongue either, totally different shape

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I took only a picture of my last pod, but they all looked similar. Same width over the whole length of about 2 inches. The wall of the pods is thicker than habanero, scotch bonnet, and although they have the same background taste, it is much, much hotter, more fruity, and really enjoyable.
My location, the french alps, lots of sun, dry, mild Winters compared to my home in Colorado, little snow. The mountain chains in my area are pure calcium, and as such I do assume a low pH for the soil.

The origin of the seed is a good question. All of my Chinense chiles come from a Caribean vegetable store (at present about $4/lb). I have never seen habas there, they are all scotch bonnets, and mixed in I guess this yellow one. The plant is 100% similar to the scotch bonnet, same size, same leave, same flower.

I hate to keep disagreeing with you but Cili goronong is far different in shape and color than lucifers tongue in my experience.

Cili goronong
2961418521_2f37d936f8.jpg

thank you for disagreeing you are aboslutely right cili is much more yellow and lucifers tongue is more orange , In some pictures they look similar but i agree with you

Back