• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Anyone know what kind of cross this might be?

skullbiker

eXtreme
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone could identify this pepper. I grew this plant last season. It was the one plant that produced these pods. The seed came out of a pack of Burpee Habaneros. The rest of the plants were all just Habaneros. Sorry, I never did take a pic of the complete plant. The pods are noticeably hotter than a standard habanero and as you can see it has a very smooth skin.

IMG_0893_zps50c1198f.jpg

By chance did you grow a red trinidad scorpion near the other plant last season as it looks like it wants to make a tail. It could have crossed with a Bishops Hat, but as I don't know what the flowers may have looked like I'm just taking a wild guess.

The plant that grew these pods came from a commercial package of habanero seeds. Anything of mine that may cross wouldn't show up until I planted the seeds from these pods(which I have recently done, now at 2nd set of leaves).

My first thought was Trinidad Scorpion X Peter Pepper. But i would wonder if that was right. More possible to me sounds Habanero X Bishops Crown or something like that.

Back