• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Anyone know what these are?

Greetings,
  I've got a decent crop of some sort of pepper maturing and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what they could be. 

They have a nice juicy sweetness with a bit of heat but not much.  I'm a lightweight when it comes to heat but I'm comfortable eating these whole right off the plant. 

Thanks!
-BT

Much larger versions of the images below: Tinypic Image Album

2liejnm.jpg

Welcome to THP!

looks like a generic C. annuum to me.  It's hard to say what variety but definitely can tell you the species.  Are they hotter than a jalapeno?

they look like Bomberto peppers from Mexico.
An Annum that I grow that is like a warmer Jalapino , in size,it is at most 1 1/2 in. long.
I have 2 versions,1 is upturned the other Pendant pods.
Both are the same in taste and heat.
Very productive.
They are a Land Race from Mexico.
I forget what place in general as far as origin goes.

Smoke

Welcome to THP!

Thanks!   I've been reading over old threads and I'm amazed at how much knowledge people here bring to bear.  

Are they hotter than a jalapeno?

They seem less hot but I'd have to do a side-by-side to be sure. Sounds like a fun thing to add to my to-do list.

The thing that defines them for me is the flavor. It's a fruity sweetness with a faint hint of soapiness (but not in an unpleasant way).

willard3 said:
willard3, on 25 Mar 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:
Looks like a fresno.

I read up on and looked at some pictures of Fresno peppers.  My peppers definitely look like Fresnos and have heat characteristics within same range.  There are a couple of things that make me question whether they're Fresnos though.    Do Fresnos always grow pointy-end up?  All of mine are hanging with the pointy-end down.  Also, none of the two dozen or so that I've so far has gotten longer than 1.25 inches.  

FWIW, I grew them indoors as companion plants for a random variety of house plants and the soil, fertilizer, and watering schedule have all been geared towards the primary plant rather than the pepper.  Is it possible that the mismatched environment has stunted their growth and altered their orientation?   The plants seem heathy although the leaves occasionally show a hint (but just a hint) of the yellowing that comes with overwatering.

Dont know what they are called in english but here we know them as trompo. Very fruity n sweet at first n heat starts building. I have a plant i will take some pictures tomorrow so u can compare

Back