• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Anyone know whats causing this?

I'ts just recently started to happen after the weather changed from super hot 100's down to 70's and a bit of rain then back to record highs it was 104 on Sunday. Noticed a bunch of pods fall off & at the same time this.. Not bugs cant find any worms did find 1 locus before noticing the striping but you can tell it's not insect damage.

5_zpsumrsyq7i.jpg

4_zpsibagrfm9.jpg

6_zpsoyhkeazb.jpg

3_zpsaasrrg6s.jpg

2_zpsto286b2n.jpg

Shock.
Drastic environmental change. It happens to all the plants I bring indoors for the winter. Light, heat and humidity change generally has this effect on my plants.

your choices are: cut it back and hope it takes off in the 2016 summer, 50%-50% chance or toss it and start a new one in Dec-Feb 2016.
pros: if it takes off you will get pods(maybe).  cons: you have to take care of it all winter, aphids included and it could die in Spring.

i have several plants just like it, this will be the first year i finally really evaluate my plants and trash anything that looks sickly.  it is so easy just to grow a new, after looking at many of my 2015 overwintered that haven't produced, thinking i really spent all winter looking after these things and some didn't produce!!!!

good luck buddy.

I have 2 brown morugas in 20 gal brute trash cans that did exactly what yours did when brought inside. If, as in my case, the plants will remain in a constant favorable growing environment from here on out, they will imediately start putting out new growth. Mine are doing just that as well as flowering.

Back