• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone still growing the SB7J?

Harvested 2 today...one is a twin :)
Jerry
1qbQY2g.jpg

GA Growhead said:
Nope. Turns orange then softly fades into a warm light red. Oh well.
I'm growing some yellow ones from Graeme. If i can have healthy plants produce sone. Will send some your way

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Awesomeness ignite. ... Patrick. I ha e some seeds from the yellow sbj7.. if you'd like seeds. Let me know... if anyone else is looking for the sbj7 seeds I have plenty more to share. ...
This is definitely a pepper odd like to try! Love the SB and would also like to add some heat. Certainly would like to get done seed if you still have some.

Neil

I grew two this year from different seed sources and ended up with these

15872136222_c617ac133f_m.jpg

The reds were hotter and huge but I loved the flavor of the yellow better.  Will definitely grow these out again.

Ferby said:
I have One plant growing too. It took a month long break with no growth, but it just put out a large leaf! :)
Just found some seeds from my old plant. They are already sown !

So I stumbled upon this post and now i'm wondering: are anybody still, STILL growing the SB7J?

I've got a couple of seedlings right now. Since most of my seeds popped up about a month ago, the SB7J has definitely been growing faster and healthier than pretty much everything else....of course, until I knocked it over one night...still looking alright though, just set it back a bit with minimal damage.

I'm pretty excited to see what comes of them, though!

The funny thing is that I wasn't even planning on growing this variety, but I got a free pack in an order from http://www.whitehotpeppers.com
And now it is one of the ones I'm most looking forward to.

I have been growing this variety for the past four seasons .... one of my top three recommend bonnet/hybrids ... managed to get the Yellow variation from Romy6 a couple of seasons ago ... both have great heat and flavour however in my climate it is always the last to mature for some reason... You won't be disappointed

I got some SBJ7 in a SFRB (either from Wicked Mike or 96strat - can't recall) and really liked them. I replaced them on my 2017 must grow list with ScotchBrain (bonnet x brainstrain) which I have not had. Main reason is I prefer the pheno to the SBJ7... will see if I enjoy it as much :)

bpiela said:
I got three seedlings going for this coming season.  I can't wait!
Jubnat said:
I've got a couple of seedlings right now. Since most of my seeds popped up about a month ago, the SB7J has definitely been growing faster and healthier than pretty much everything else....of course, until I knocked it over one night...still looking alright though, just set it back a bit with minimal damage.
Trident chilli said:
I have been growing this variety for the past four seasons .... one of my top three recommend bonnet/hybrids ... managed to get the Yellow variation from Romy6 a couple of seasons ago ... both have great heat and flavour however in my climate it is always the last to mature for some reason... You won't be disappointed
peppamang said:
I've been growing SB7J for 3 years. I love it, just sowed sees yesterday. 
D3monic said:
I got two seedlings going this year

Cool dudes! If you get some nice pods maybe you could put a picture up here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/52781-sb7j-community-grow/page-8

Back