• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Anyone up for some seed trades or gifting?

HwyBill

Banned
Looking for some seed trades or gifts.

I traditionally plant for the upcoming outdoor season over the NYE break, and I'm looking to add some new varieties to my collection.

My wish list includes:

Thai/African Birdseye
Tabasco
Douglah
de Arbol

Also, I would love to have anything else that I don't have yet.

Please let me know if you would be willing to give me some seeds, or arrange a trade.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays

GWD

Whether or not this post is moved, I thought I'd share something with you. Last year I bought De Arbol seeds and De Arbol De Baja California seeds from Native Seed Search. I didn't have much success with the De Arbols, but I had good success with the De Arbol De B.C.s. I'm sure most of the problem was the fact that I am still a newbie at this.

I also went to a local nursery that is extremely popular in Tucson, and bought about 4 De Arbol plants, as well as other chili plants. I will NEVER purchase another chili plant from them again! Their Guajillos were not Guajillos, but something closer to a N.M. commercial red. Their Chiltepins turned out to be Pequins. I could go on, but my point is that we must be careful where we get our plants and seeds from. Most nurseries don't grow their own plants, but purchase them from some huge regional supplier (like the huge nursery I just talked about). If you go to the Vendor Vault on this forum, you can get a good idea of who you can trust and who to be wary of for seeds.

Anyway, I'm happy with Native Seed Search's seeds overall. I know you're looking to trade (and my current supply of those seeds from last year is small), but if you can't, you can always get them from Native Seed Search. And I can tell you that the De Arbol De B.C's were hot and flavorful, and the fruit is different in color during the maturing process (light green, white, etc.). And if you're going to do the De Arbol and De Arbol De B.C., I highly recommend checking out the Pico De Pajaro seeds as well. They are related.

Thanks for addressing one of my other questions... There used to be a forum on this board dedicated to seed giving/trading/selling and it seems it no longer exists. I've been out of the country and without internet access for the past several months, so I wasn't sure where I should go with this sort of query.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hwybill, they moved/renamed that selection a while ago. It thru me for a loop when my bookmark no longer worked.
http://thehotpepper.com/forum/18-forum-ads/

Back