• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone use LED on a light mover?

Do you find you can keep the light panel closer to the plants without burning them?

I don't know how close these lights can be to the plants but the manufacturer recommendations begin at 36". So far I learned when I moved a 1000w panel to 26" above the plants, all the burning, bleaching and discoloring stopped. Now I'll have to move these plants to another area with a 1200w LED on a mover. At this time I have only 18" of altitude above the plants.

Its kinda one thing that concerns me as well..Especially since I am using strip lights and can't move the lights up and down but I brought some 10''x10''s about 12''s long inside to move the plants up higher...I don't wanna burn the buggers but I also wanna void stretching as well. All my new seedling I just have a bunch of hanging leds on them till I have enough to justify turning on the big set.

They seem to be doing good at 18''s though DW?

Reactions: DWB
Not sure Matt. This morning, after two 18 hour "days", I noticed one of the larger plants getting a purple leaf. This is just wrong. I've never seen a purple leaf on a 7 Pot Douglah.so I rejiggered the suspension cables and got it moved up to 28" altitude. Not sure what's right and what's wrong but I know I nearly fried a bunch of tiny seedlings under a 1000W array at 6-8 inches. They were bleached out in some places and turning black and purple in other places. They survived just fine and recovered but I caught it fairly quickly.

Thanks for providing your info. Every bit of it helps tremendously since nobody else really says much about these types of LED lights. I'll go back and look at your setup pictures more closely. When I looked before I had the thought in my head that your setup looks very festive. Like a Mardi Gras parade. Very pretty :)

DWB said:
Not sure Matt. This morning, after two 18 hour "days", I noticed one of the larger plants getting a purple leaf. This is just wrong. I've never seen a purple leaf on a 7 Pot Douglah.so I rejiggered the suspension cables and got it moved up to 28" altitude. Not sure what's right and what's wrong but I know I nearly fried a bunch of tiny seedlings under a 1000W array at 6-8 inches. They were bleached out in some places and turning black and purple in other places. They survived just fine and recovered but I caught it fairly quickly.

Thanks for providing your info. Every bit of it helps tremendously since nobody else really says much about these types of LED lights. I'll go back and look at your setup pictures more closely. When I looked before I had the thought in my head that your setup looks very festive. Like a Mardi Gras parade. Very pretty :)

LOL...well festive was not my intention but its funny cause my dad said the same thing when he came to visit...Its even worse when the back piece is on since the majority of the strips are red with white coming in at second then abit of blue. I was really trying to just hit more of a fuller spectrum with that shelf plus is some purple UV lights as well which kinda make it look abit silly, does seem to be pretty bright though.....The top shelf will be actually even brighter but is about 3 inches at least less for grow room...hopefully will have that done later this week.

So I think after reading your post I will leave it at the 26'' or whatever it is then see how the seedlings do before I attempt to raise them up> I would hope once they are more established they should be ok but will deal with that when I have to.

Back