seeds Anything special needed to do with fresh seeds?

I have an unknown pepper I got at the grocery store that I really like.  It has been in my fridge for a few days.  Do I need to do anything special with the seeds such as dry them?  Or can I just cut it open and plant them as is?  What do I need to do to save them for another time?  Sorry for the newbish questions...

Thank you, thats what I figured.  But to dry them do I just lay them out on a paper towel, or is there a preferred method?

Nothing special required to dry seeds. You can dry the peppers, then extract seeds, you can put them out on a paper towel to dry, Etc. 

No need to dry. I used the paper towel & ziploc method you can read about here but I had them same results with a lot less work just putting them in the growing medium after a 4+ hour soak. Make sure you have some heating source. You can get a $20 heat mat that works for one 1020 tray. Would be difficult to germinate without heat. Could try an incandescent bulb over them as a heat source but not ideal. Good luck.
If you're drying for later, give them a good 5 days or more. Nothing special. I put them in little containers & put them on the mantle. Out of the sun is best.

What color was the pepper you bought? If it was an immature green pepper, e.g., a green poblano or jalapeño, the seeds may not be viable. I had that happen with poblano seeds once. If the pepper was red, orange, or yellow, it sounds like a mature fruit, and the seeds should be fine (unless it's a hybrid that won't grow true from seeds).

Good luck with it,
Tom

I guess it is nothing special, but I still think ill enjoy it for general purpose.  Seems like a hotter version of a cherry pepper.  I have a post and pics in the ID section.

Back