pests Aphid proof individuals ??

Hi Guy's

The last few year's of my chilli pepper growing journey has been mostly capsicum chinense varieties in a small greenhouse trying to find varieties that I like and will do well in my wee Scottish greenhouse.

Each year I'm adding "keeper " varieties that I want to grow year on year so I'm trialling less and less year on year.

Generally due to my trials I tend to grow a "single" specimen of each variety to maximise the amount of I can try out .

This brings me to my question for those with more experience.........

I've noticed one plant in the greenhouse can become victim of greenfly/aphids while the plant right next to it does not ! :think:

Is this the same with multiples of single varieties........?

What I mean is if I you have 6 Dorset naga for example....do you find "some" plant's get aphids and other not ??
My thinking being about seed saving from from "aphid proof" individuals Is this a option ??

Stephen

Aphid “proof”, no. But I have definitely noticed some of my pepper plants will get attacked relentlessly by aphids and others, not so much. I wish I could be of more help recommending what varieties would be best but I’ve never compiled a list.

Back