• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Aphids on seedlings.

The only thing you can do right now is knock them off with water. Any insecticide you use to kill the aphids will also kill the ladybugs.

I meant that the ladybugs are taking care of the adult plants outside. The seedlings are indoors, so I can hit them with insecticide or something. What should I use?

My personal preferred approach is to bring some ladybugs inside. They will rid the aphids more thoroughly in less time.

However, if that's unappealing to you, I'd suggest one of two things, depending on how young your seedlings are. If too young, use insecticidal soap - you'll have to repeat the application daily for a few weeks. Otherwise, something with neem oil in it. 

I have no problem bringing the bugs inside, but they flip out because it's colder than outside, and then they run off before they get used to it. I'll use tweezers for the few there are, and soap if they come back.

+1 on translocating some lady bugs. Just make their new environment more appealing to them. Mist the plants with water occasionally and maybe throw some netting over the plants to help contain them. 

Back