• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Apt Growing problems Need suggestions

To make a long story short, ya, I live in an apartment and I'm growing pepper plants indoors. My problem is HUMIDITY, From what I understand, is that my pepper flowers need a humidity level of at least 60% or higher to produce pollen, (still not seeing pollen). Anyways, I've been using a humidifier and keeping a large tub of water in my grow room. The wife hates it and says with all the humidity it will grow mold. Should I A. put the humifier in the grow tent and zip it up and hope that fixes the problem. B. Sell the grow tent and get a little greenhouse ( greenhouses produce more humidity) without me needing a humidifier. C. Move all indoor plants outside onto the balcony, but the eve of the roof is covering the balcony, so unless I put the plants on the balcony railing and secure them sun light will be limited. More suggestions and thought are welcome! Oh ya I hate apartment living and have every intention to move into a house or something similar in the near future lol.

Hey boss ! Wish I could help out a fellow NorthWesterner, I did find my self misting alot. plain water and calmag every couple weeks... u mist? My first fruitswere forming around day 80. Have any pics of your set up ?

Hey boss ! Wish I could help out a fellow NorthWesterner, I did find my self misting alot. plain water and calmag every couple weeks... u mist? My first fruitswere forming around day 80. Have any pics of your set up ?

Hello there, You cant have super hots fruit on day 80 can you? Yes, I have pics under my grow log feel free to have a looksy :) Btw I may consider misting

I think i would personally go with a green house because it stays warm and humid and you can put it on the balcony. And you dont want to make the wife mad with mildew in apt lol. :P

Hey Mega. I think once its warm enough you should try and get them on the balcony. I think as long as your balcony is getting four hours of direct sunlight your plants with do great. What time of day does your balcony get sun? This is my first year but when my plants were inside under the lights my non supers would flower and some set pods. But now that my plants have gone outside my bhuts are flowering for the second time and this time they are actually putting on pods! My trinidad plants still havent flowered but there looking close. so i say nothing beats the sun!

I'm with willard...the humidity here in socal is low but pod set is not an issue once temps are right. The problem with your indoor grow is probably a light/air circulation issue. You could take the time to hand pollinate your plants with a little paint brush. You can get fruits to set under straight 6500k lights, but adding some lower 2700k-ish lamps will help with fruit set as well. Another option would be to put them on the balcony and supplement the sunlight with a couple hours of artificial light...if you can get away with running the lights on your balcony. A few hours in the morning, evening or both of supplemental lighting and just the indirect sunlight during the day. I would also try to find (tasteful) ways to harness more sunlight on the balcony. Reflectors, panes of glass...just be careful not to run the lights too early or late and make anyone angry or make your balcony look like a disco ball either. Sharing your harvest with your neighbors might help them understand...

Have to be creative when you don't have a ton of space. Have you looked for community gardens? Or a friend that wouldn't mind a row of peppers in containers in their yard? Good luck my friend, I am certain one way or another you can get those fruits to set.

Back