• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aquarium plant fertlizer for peppers??

Hi all, I was looking at this Flourish brand aquarium plant fertlizer and am wondering if it might be worthwhile to try it out on a single pepper plant as a test. I'm not sure about the percentages but I'm thinking if it can grow underwater plants without harming the fish, might be worth a try and see what non aquatic plants think of the stuff. Instructions say 5ml or 1 cap for 250L of water (60 US gallons).

I think price was like $15 for 500ml of this stuff.

fertilizer.jpg

So do the minerals in here look similar to non aquatic fertlizers?

I'm not sure about peppers, but I use aquarium ferts for the plants in my toad's viv. Considering the substrate is coco fiber that has no nutrients and the plants are constantly needing to be pruned, I would say it works great.

If nothing else, you could give it a try on an extra plant and let us know how it goes.

I'm sure it would help, but flourish is a lot more expensive then regular old plant ferts. I have kept very large planted tanks in the past and if your buying flourish you wasting a lot of money. The best and easiest ferts by far is dry ferts using the EI dosing method. The only time I would add flourish to a pepper plant is if I was doing some type of hydro.

The analysis looks very weak. It says 0.07% for the nitrogen and my normal fish fert has 5.9%.

It's as though they have taken a bottle of water and took a wizz in it!

Novacastrian said:
The analysis looks very weak. It says 0.07% for the nitrogen and my normal fish fert has 5.9%.

It's as though they have taken a bottle of water and took a wizz in it!

You're right. They are kind of weak. Hmmm now is that per dosage? Maybe its weak because too high and it would kill fish? I guess that means increasing the dosage will result in a very VERY expensive fertilizer for plants :(

Back