• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water Aquarium water conditioner

I have "city water" and usually leave a bucketfull out so the chlorine evaporates to water my seedlings. I have been using aquarium water conditioner in my aquariums for years. Just wondering if anyone uses this for plant water. It obviously doesn't hurt fish or aquarium plants. I will probably try this on a couple seedlings unless someone advises me not to.

Thanks for any advice!

i don't use aquarium water conditioner but i do have a pail of aquarium water with algae that i pull out of my tank and drop a small goop of molasses, to brew into a tea. it lasts about 2 weeks before it starts to ferment and i have to dump it into my outside composter. i use it on my soil plants and and toss it into my dwc to add extra nutrients, watered down though.

my aquarium makes a lot of algae and not just the surface type either but the fuzzy ball type, i have to scoop it out with a fork, it's like a ball of hair. the guppies seem to love swimming in it and bushing up against it.

Aquarium water is great for a source of nitrogen in the form of nitrate or even ammonia.

You need to check and see if your water company is using chloramine and not just chlorine.
Chloramine is more stable and will not break down like just chlorine. Something like Prime will break the
chlorine-ammonia bond to remove the chlorine and also remove heavy metals.

BC phosphate and also iron are major contributors to algae growth. My water company adds orthophosphate
and this causes big problems in my tanks.

Aquarium water is great for a source of nitrogen in the form of nitrate or even ammonia.

You need to check and see if your water company is using chloramine and not just chlorine.
Chloramine is more stable and will not break down like just chlorine. Something like Prime will break the
chlorine-ammonia bond to remove the chlorine and also remove heavy metals.

BC phosphate and also iron are major contributors to algae growth. My water company adds orthophosphate
and this causes big problems in my tanks.

Prime is what I use for my tanks. It says on the bottle that it removes chlorine and chloramine. I was just wondering if I happened to forget to fill a bucket a day or 2 before, would it be okay to water my seedlings with water straight from the tap with a couple drops of Prime in it?

Prime is what I use for my tanks. It says on the bottle that it removes chlorine and chloramine. I was just wondering if I happened to forget to fill a bucket a day or 2 before, would it be okay to water my seedlings with water straight from the tap with a couple drops of Prime in it?

Yes, I simply use water straight from the hose...

Back