food Arch the sheeps cornish curry

ok so here it is, a proper curry from the place that invented it, BRITAIN of course so get red to chow down on Destiny!! :dance:
first of ingridients:
DSC00208.jpg

from left to right:
Chopped maters
the cornish curry "magic Mix" basically a spice blend of all the basic spices etc
Cardomon pods
Paprika
Ground cinnamon
Black mustard seeds
Dried Bhut Jolokia :hell:
Also already chopped and in pan:
1 1/2 cup of diced onion, the finer the better
3 cloves of finley chopped garlic
Diced and not in pan Lamb

Method:
First Toast a good amount of mustard seed in a pan till it pops and gets happy n' stuff
I added the onion and browned and softened for a bit then added the garlic as well and cooked til it became aromatic(In enogh sunflower oil tojust coat the bottom of the pan but use ghee if you have it.)
Then add in one and half soup spoon(It was all that was to hand!) of magic mix(or a spice blend of the usual suspects) then 3 soup spoons of paprika, two of cinamon and i was gonna add two of nutmeg but forgot and one of fresh ginger but i forgot that as well. :oops:
stir this on a highish heat for about 30 secs then add the lamb and seal it all over stirring vigorusly
DSC00203.jpg

after the lamb has sealed then 3/4 can of chopped toms and stir till they stop being a tomatowey smell and become a darker brownish colour
Add Rehydrated Bhuts to taste, i did 1 1\2 Or fresh if you can get 'em(if fresh i would slit down the middle and leave on stalk so ya can take 'em out or mash or dice)
DSC00204.jpg

Geez, getin all steamy and crap on with the fan

then after that and similar to picture Add enough water to cover and then leave to reduce for 45 mins or so, basicaly so it's nice and SAUCY.
DSC00206.jpg

Ready to reduce

DSC00209.jpg

Reduced and nearly there!

DSC00212.jpg

Serve her up with some boiled white rice Ennjoy!

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

2 unhappy doggies who got none of dat stuff, Although the grey is known to be a bit of chilli head though probably not to this level! lol.

Yum yum, i know whats going to be on my plate tonight. One variation though i am going to use smoked bhut flakes and fresh scorpion.
Thanks for sharing the awesomeness. :onfire:

Well i made a variation of this last night and it was the bomb. I used a Golden Curry mix i found at the Asain grocers and popped a Scorpion in there as well. I used lamb from a leg of lamb that i bought for the purpose, used around a third of it so i still have two more curries to come out of it. Left out the cardomon pods and cinnamon and used Garam Masala instead, worked a treat.

Thanks again for the thread Archthesheep :P

Damn Arch, that Lamb looks good!!! Curry!, so that's how UK rolls??

In some places, that Greyhound might make a tasty curry. Not the curly dog, though. Too much fur.
I'm not saying you should...but, you know...in case something happens...just sayin.

Basically what I'm getting at, without beating around the bush, is that Greyhounds are freaking delicious.

In some places, that Greyhound might make a tasty curry. Not the curly dog, though. Too much fur.
I'm not saying you should...but, you know...in case something happens...just sayin.

Basically what I'm getting at, without beating around the bush, is that Greyhounds are freaking delicious.

:rofl:
meat is meat :lol:

Guess what happened to our last two.......

Thanks for sharing Archthesheep. The wife is out of town this week (and therefore couldn't complain about me smelling up the house, haha), so I gave this a go tonight based on what you posted. I measured nothing, just followed your basic recipe, using some frozen bhut from a friend that I just diced (carefully!) and tossed in. It turned out awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back