• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

are habs late bloomers?

HotPeppas

Banned
All my other peppers are pdoducing. But my habs have lots of flowers not opening lots of immature flowers looking like they will open any time.

???

They are very sklow to produce but once they dial in look out. On average it takes me 6 months to get pods.

I noticed my orange habs are taking 20 freaking forevers too, but luckily I live in AL, and I bought it as a plant, not a seed.

I have noticed that habs can take quite a while. I already have japs and cayenne coming on strong, but the habs are just flowering. This happened the last time I grew them, but once they did start producing, I had more than I knew what to do with.

Typically Habanaro's start and produce later than most. When most other pepper families have peaked in september-october Habanaros are just hitting their stride it seems.

Then again I've got one this year that is setting pods already but we have had a very nice June for the most part for weather.

Thanks everyone! thats a sigh of relife

hm i believe iowa is what zone 5. Glad to hear when they produce they PRODUCE. i like habs :)

Thanks everyone! thats a sigh of relife

hm i believe iowa is what zone 5. Glad to hear when they produce they PRODUCE. i like habs :)
I'm in zone 5 also. Started my Orange Habs from seed in mid February and transplanted outside under a hoophouse roughly the middle of April. Started getting blossoms last week. If the six month average applies then I should be into ripe Habs the middle of August.

Back