• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Are super hots harder to grow than habeneros?

A couple years ago I planted some habenero seeds not knowing what they were, and just left em alone watering them occasionally and ended up with a whole row of some very incendiary habaneros. This year my bhut jolokia and TS were bought as plants in april and are doign pretty well with the scorpions putting on lots of peppers. Next year I think I would like to order some butch T, doughlah and brainstrain peppers just to insure I have a pure strain of the worlds hottest peppers but will I be able to grow these without 300$ of indoor growing equipment to start them off?

If you can grow habaneros, you shouldn't have any problems with the super-hots. They are from the same family and should grow very similar

Here I thought Habaneros are superhots... well there shouldn't be much difference when growing C. chinense.

Here I thought Habaneros are superhots... well there shouldn't be much difference when growing C. chinense.

Seeing as I have not managed to eat a entire habenero yet, I would agree, but then I would say a 1.4mil butch T would be in a whole nother class.

But lately every time that discussion comes up, habaneros (and even fatalii) get left off the super-hot list since there are peppers 2 or 3 times the heat of habs

Seeing as I have not managed to eat a entire habenero yet, I would agree, but then I would say a 1.4mil butch T would be in a whole nother class.
That's like saying a 690bhp Lamborghini Aventador is not a supercar because the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is almost 1,200bhp. maybe we should embrace the whole Hyper-car/hot thing.

That's like saying a 690bhp Lamborghini Aventador is not a supercar because the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is almost 1,200bhp. maybe we should embrace the whole Hyper-car/hot thing.
lol The Bugatti is an expensive VW "The Lambo is a true Supercar", Audi/VW/Bugatti may look good run fast and own some serious records their Regular Cars are Trash......Oh oops this is about peppers....Habs are real and hot and they taste good in wing sauce/any sauce. TS seem to grow as well as Habs down here..

lol The Bugatti is an expensive VW "The Lambo is a true Supercar", Audi/VW/Bugatti may look good run fast and own some serious records their Regular Cars are Trash......
Now that's just plain ol' wrong... VAG is the shiznit! especially when Audi own Lamborghini and has uses the same technology in their cars... :lol:
You can't say the 5.2L R8 isn't a beast! it's a Lamborghini under the hood.

Hard to grow, or hard to manage... I'm growing some clone red habs from last year that are prolific but are only 2ft. tall and this years hab varieties are between 2 and 4 ft. which are easily manageable with shorter stakes....but my 7/pots, Bhuts and other Trinni/ Indy-ian fast growing plants which are already 5/6 ft need some extra maintaince...but I'm loving watching them grow......good luck with your grow

Bhuts/nagas/bihs are easier to grow and more productive for me than most habaneros or c. chinense.

The Trinidad varieties are about the same in production and difficulty to grow as most c. chinenses for me.

Bhuts/nagas/bihs are easier to grow and more productive for me than most habaneros or c. chinense.

The Trinidad varieties are about the same in production and difficulty to grow as most c. chinenses for me.

All 5 of my plants were planted in a sandy mixture and didn't grow until fertilized which caused my scorps to grow like weeds,while the bhuts and 7 pod started growing but lagged behind, now my bhuts have tons of green peppers on them, and my 7pod plant have a few, but none are as big as my scorps.

My bhuts/bihs/nagas/etc. have produced on average about 20-25 ripe pods so far. Trinidad varieties about 5. From my experience bhuts are very sensitive to fertilizer early on. I hardly feed them anything until they're about a foot tall.

Back