• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Are there any chinenses around 50 000 to 100 000 scovilles?

I wanted to plant some chinenses that have a nice sweet fruity flavor but without the killer heat. Somewhere around thai or cayenne heat. Are there any good ones?

Orange habs are 100,000SHU in average... so anything milder should be in that area. maybe bonnets?

Hell no. the orange hab sometimes reach the 200K mark, maybe higher... but that's uncommon. they're usually 100K and even lower. if they're way hotter, then your Thai's aren't that hot.

It really depends on the source and variety. Some orange habs get over 300000. Personally the only mild ones I've ever had were grocery store habs and they were likely still over 100000SHU

All I'm saying is that store bought habs are usually pretty weak, and some varieties don't even reach over 200K. 100K is fire, dude! don't expect a chile that reaches a certain heat to always be that hot.

I can't believe it. I was just gonna start a thread about this myself. I wan't something a little less potent than Caribbean Reds which I grew a couple of years ago. Sometimes I like to put alot of peppers into a dish but the superhots overpower it. So I was mixing the Reds with Aji Dulce #2 to add bulk but I ran out of those in a hurry. I'm actually growing Orange Habs and Bonda Ma Jacques this year so we'll see how that turns out.

Back