• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Are these Australian Lantern?

SecretgardenJan2008013.jpg

there is a big difference in the shape of the pod (the tail is a lot bigger on the A.lantern) ..how hot they are Sara ?

I guess you've never seen Lantern peppers in real life.
The range of shapes is VERY wide. :)

EDIT:
Bishop's Crown have you seen? it's another kind of pepper with a wide range of shapes.

QuebecFire said:
I dont know what is this ...keep me seed for next trade ;) LOL

I have lots of seeds in these... I pick ripes ones this morning... You will like it... it a nice Hot! Out of all the peppers in my Garden ...my mother likes to cook with these...

omri: lol I grow them last year the pods were really different ...all the pod on the trini plants are similar but really deferent of A.L I got

They are real inter3esting lookingf and if your mum likes to cook with them they must taste good.
IMO They're not OZ lantern... too ireguliar in shape and they seem to have pitted skin ala all the interesting trini peppers.

stillmanz said:
They are real inter3esting lookingf and if your mum likes to cook with them they must taste good.
IMO They're not OZ lantern... too ireguliar in shape and they seem to have pitted skin ala all the interesting trini peppers.
They look like Australian Lantern, like REALLY.
Even the skin is the same as Australian Lantern.
The different shapes are possible, but at worst case it's a Australian Lantern that got crossed with something else in her garden.

Omri said:
They look like Australian Lantern, like REALLY.
Even the skin is the same as Australian Lantern.
The different shapes are possible, but at worst case it's a Australian Lantern that got crossed with something else in her garden.

Well, as we're finding out, there are differences in strains of the same variety, and what you get depends on where you got your seed. We're also seeing different varieties that are almost identical. And, finally we're seeing some really cool new varieties coming out of Trinidad, so it's really hard to know what TriniHottie's got.

Back