Are these big enough to hit the dirt?

Hey all,

Just want to ask input, if you guys think my seedlings are big enough to hit the dirt. They have been getting daylight and hardening off but since that process is not complete, I will be covering the raised bed they will sit in with 30% sun shade. They're in 100mm pots and I really don't feel like upscaling the pot, I just want to hit the dirt if they're ready.

The soil has been worked with composted cow manure, garden soil improver, some tomato food and blood bone just to bring it up to par since it hasn't been used in a long time so may be nutrient dry.

Cheers guys. Gonna give them a good water and do the job when the sun sets or early morning tomorrow!
One more thing, do you chaps remove as much of the old potting mix before dropping them into the ground or do you try move them as undisturbed as possible?

I don't make a big effort to remove soil, I just loosen the root ball by squeezing and such and if soil falls off then oh well

They are fine to go into the ground.  Dig holes that are wider than the bottom bases and stretch out the root balls to the surrounding area before covering with soil.

They will be fine, hell, some people plant into the ground..... just make sure to harden them off under sunlight for a few days if they've been indoor and you'll be fine   :)

Back