• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Are these peppers in the making?

Are these the gold ive been waiting for?
photo-9.JPG

photo-10.JPG

photo-11.JPG

Nope, those are alien growth pods. I'm sorry but your garden is going to be abducted and replaced by evil symbiots... Oh wait, a minute...my mistake, those ARE just baby peppers starting to form along with more flowers. Tell the guys in the black suits on your front porch to go get a donut or something.

It looks like the flowers have just finished successful pollination and some are still forming. All looks normal.

Those just look like flower pods to me, am i crazy?
btw, dont you just love seeing three flowers per node? my bih is doing this but so far very few are setting.

Kind of looked like on flower had closed up in the one picture but you may be right. The majority are just flowers awaiting pepper love!

not sure what redtail sees, i, like quee just see flowering stage - i did see the ant in picture 2.
if you are going to fertilize soon, perhaps your fertilizer should now start to have a higher phosphorus and potassium levels.

good luck.

not sure what redtail sees, i, like quee just see flowering stage - i did see the ant in picture 2.
if you are going to fertilize soon, perhaps your fertilizer should now start to have a higher phosphorus and potassium levels.

good luck.

How do I add more phosphorus and potassium to my fertilizer? Does this mean i have to buy yet another bottle? So im a newbie. Do the flowers grow a pepper from within them, or are they just there to look pretty? And someone mention something about pollination. does that mean i dont have to pollinate the plants manually?

good luck.

It's been a long day and I was trying to make a funny! Give a guy a break man :lol:

Very nice looking. I would caution you and I could be wrong, but in that one picture, unless its just something on the plant, I swear I see a few aphids..the ant being there also tells me they might be aphids. Might wanna keep an eye out for that just in case. Other than that, looks very good :)

How do I add more phosphorus and potassium to my fertilizer?

it may not be necessary, i don't know what efforts you have put into your soil already and you may have enough already.

when you see fertilizers(unless homemade), you will notice the 3 numbers that are separated by a dash.(N-P-K)nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium, you may see a listing like 15-15-30.

phosphorus in available in things like bonemeal, rock phosphate; potassium can be found in seaweed, banana peels, woodash. if you are using a granular fertilizer mix just look for the above numbers.

fruit follows the flower. first you get the benefit of the pretty flowers and if you are lucky you get to watch nature in action as a bee pollinates the flower. next you get to watch the fruit grow.

if you look closely at the flower you will see in the very middle a white stem. at the base of this stem is where the fruit will emerge and many times this white stem can be found on the nose of the fruit as it grows. i am manually pollinating my plants with flowers as i grow in containers and, well, it's just too cold to put anything outside, especially with the record snowfall we had on the weekend.........my aching back.

i used regular potting mix which probably provided food for just 2-3 months and ive been adding fish fertilizer every other week. the bottle of fert i have states 5-1-1 so i guess its a very low dose of nutrition. what would i do with the banana peel? just put them on top of the soil?

it may not be necessary, i don't know what efforts you have put into your soil already and you may have enough already.

when you see fertilizers(unless homemade), you will notice the 3 numbers that are separated by a dash.(N-P-K)nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium, you may see a listing like 15-15-30.

phosphorus in available in things like bonemeal, rock phosphate; potassium can be found in seaweed, banana peels, woodash. if you are using a granular fertilizer mix just look for the above numbers.

fruit follows the flower. first you get the benefit of the pretty flowers and if you are lucky you get to watch nature in action as a bee pollinates the flower. next you get to watch the fruit grow.

if you look closely at the flower you will see in the very middle a white stem. at the base of this stem is where the fruit will emerge and many times this white stem can be found on the nose of the fruit as it grows. i am manually pollinating my plants with flowers as i grow in containers and, well, it's just too cold to put anything outside, especially with the record snowfall we had on the weekend.........my aching back.

Back