• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aribibi Gusano Usage?

Okay, I've got fruit coming in ripe. What should I do with it?

It seems like it would make a good jelly/jam, but what have others used it for, and how did you take advantage of the unique flavor?

I actually didn't care for its flavor at all. Was glad I got to try some fresh pods so could decide not to grow it in advance. But you know how we people are with flavors.... Best of wishes on your search!

I actually didn't care for its flavor at all. Was glad I got to try some fresh pods so could decide not to grow it in advance. But you know how we people are with flavors.... Best of wishes on your search!

Thanks, geeme! I *think* I like them, but the nose and flavor profile are very unique, and I keep thinking there must be some non-traditional use for them where they'll really shine.

I feel like they'd compliment vanilla, or rum, or something. I can't quite figure it. My wife, who is much better from the culinary standpoint (but not big on heat) is brainstorming with me, too.

I'm growing those too for the first time, after doing some research i found a British artisan who won a price for a marmelade made with them and pink grapefruit. So for me it will be a citrus hot sauce, i was thinking about key lime...

Pat

I'm growing those too for the first time, after doing some research i found a British artisan who won a price for a marmelade made with them and pink grapefruit. So for me it will be a citrus hot sauce, i was thinking about key lime...

Pat

Well I love that idea. It definitely seems to call for something sweet to compliment it. At least it feels that way to me. Thanks for the insight!

Back