Association of Capsaicin Intake and Appetite

Hi all!

My name is Tara and I'm writing my master's thesis at NYU on the association of capsaicin intake (hot sauce, peppers, etc) and satiety. I chose to write this topic because of my love for all things spicy ever since I was a kiddo. I also had to tie it in with nutrition as it is my major and I'm a registered dietitian.

I know this may be hard to believe, but it's getting hard for me to find a large enough sample of spicy food enthusiast to take the survey. Surprisingly, not everyone loves spicy food! ;) Luckily I found this forum and I was wondering if you kind folks would be willing to contribute 5 minutes of your time to help out.

I'm more than happy to post the results after I collect all the data! 

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to even read this, and will consider myself lucky to get a few survey responses from this community. 

https://nyu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eWFr86yYS22HAZD

:welcome: to THP! 

I hope you have a good number of responses to your questions.  For some of them, I'd never thought about it...like...how often do I snack between spicy meals, or am I hungrier sooner or later after eating spicy foods.  Wasn't sure how to answer some of the questions, but I hope this helps with your work.
Best Wishes!

Welcome. Thank you for bringing your scientific approach to our THP community.
My personal opinion is that capsaicin can help to suppress appetite , but not as much as avoiding all carbs and Insulin secretion as much as possible.

Back