• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ate My 1st Naga Morich

Ate my 1st ever Naga Morich yesterday. Was surprised of the initial citrus (orange?) flavor before the waves of heat started. I was surprised that it burned more in my throat than it did on my tongue - lips were fine. Seemed to get hotter as time went on. Hottest pepper (by far) that I've ever eaten. I lasted almost 4 1/2 minutes before having to drink 2 glasses of milk and eat a fair amount of strawberry ice cream. That seemed to help but the burn still continued - after the milk it seemed to move more to my tongue. I'm sure that many of you have already experienced this, but it was my initial consumption and thought that I would share my experience - not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of them (probably have about 25 pods on the plant that are not yet ripe - maybe I'll make some hot sauce. I'll probably end up eating another couple when I have some friends over and try to impress them :). Anyway, here a few pictures of some that I picked this morning.

P1010865.jpg

P1010866.jpg

Great story! It gives the rest us of who have not tried any super hots yet hope that we can do it. Right now it looks like this may be the only plant I have to give me fruit. My scorpion and bhuts are just not growing. My Naga Morich grew well and has a ton of flowers but the heat is dropping them left and right. Everyone seems to really like the taste of the NM, Thanks for the review.

It's supposed to be a Naga Morich - maybe it's not. Here's the description from the data base found on web at: http://www.g6csy.net/chile/database.html. "An extremely hot Habanero elongated type growing 1.5 to 2.5 inches long by 1 to 1.5 inches wide with medium thick flesh that matures from green to orange to red. From Bangladesh. This variety is cousin to the Bhut Jolokia. (Capsicum chinense)". I ones that I have seem to meet this description (the fattest one is almost exactly 1 1/2 inch). If not Naga Morich - any suggestions?

It's supposed to be a Naga Morich - maybe it's not. Here's the description from the data base found on web at: http://www.g6csy.net/chile/database.html. "An extremely hot Habanero elongated type growing 1.5 to 2.5 inches long by 1 to 1.5 inches wide with medium thick flesh that matures from green to orange to red. From Bangladesh. This variety is cousin to the Bhut Jolokia. (Capsicum chinense)". I ones that I have seem to meet this description (the fattest one is almost exactly 1 1/2 inch). If not Naga Morich - any suggestions?
I'm no expert by any means and I know there is pod variation but it looks too fat. Maybe regular 7 pod which are even hotter then Naga morich. The two fatter ones even look close to red savinas.

Not sure - they all came off the same plant. I know that Red Savina is a registered name and I didn't get them from anyone that is licensed to sell Red Savina's. Whatever they are - they sure are hot. Thanks.

They don't look like Savinas to me. They are a little short for a Naga Morich and look closer to the shape of a Dorset Naga IMO. Both are still a flaming chile.

Congratz on downing a hot one. :mouthonfire:

They don't look like Savinas to me. They are a little short for a Naga Morich and look closer to the shape of a Dorset Naga IMO. Both are still a flaming chile.

Congratz on downing a hot one. :mouthonfire:
Your right, my savinas were smooth but aren't the 2 fatter ones too fat, even for a dorset?

You've got a lot of irregular pod shape going on. It could just be the plants first pods displaying some variability or you may have some mixed genetics in that plant. If they're supplying the heat with good flavor I wouldn't give it a second thought. :)

Back