auction Auction--LFRB of Pods

This auction is for a LFRB of fresh picked pods. See below for a list of strains represented in the box. All pods will be picked between this afternoon and the evening of Monday, August 26th. The package will go out on the morning of Tuesday, August 27th.

This auction ends at 9:00pm Eastern Time on Monday and is open to all within the Continental USA. The opening bid is $40 which includes USPS Priority shipping.

Antilles Fire
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut (Red)
Bhut (Peach)
Bhut (Giant NOT Yellow)
Douglah BB
Douglah BB Yellow
Douglah X Chocolate Scorpion (F4)--Sepia Serpent
Douglah X Butch T (F4)
Douglah X 7 Pot SR (F2)
Fatalli
Naga Morich
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Brown
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot Orange
7 Pot Yellow (large)
TSMB

peppers5_zps7500b507.jpg

My apologies for the low quality camera picks. The pics above and below are of yesterday's harvest. The grape tomatoes in this picture are meant to show scale. I was in a rush and failed to find a better marker of comparison.

peppers6_zps30db6963.jpg

The package will also include an ounce of my chocolate powder blend. The pods were slow dried at 85 Degrees F and the powder is a mix of all my chocolate strains. Very fresh and very hot!

Regrettably the atrocious quality picture train chugs along on its merry way. The pods pictured in the large glass mixing bowl are from Friday and the rest are from today.

I left a ton of borderline ones on the plants which should be legitimately ripe tomorrow. As the package will be 2 days in transit halfway ripe pods will have time to finish ripening while carried along to the recipient. To that end tomorrow evening will be the mega harvest.

peppers7_zps4ce8d0cd.jpg

Nightshade said:
I will hit you with 45

Somehow I missed the bid. $45 is in the lead. Thanks bro! An excellent deal at $45 to be sure!

Thanks Idiot Piquant! A bid of $50 is in the lead.

A slight modification. The winner can have their pick of chocolate blend, red blend and yellow blend. The baggie will contain over an ounce of powder.

My cheap coffee grinder broke over the weekend. I have a ton of dried yellow pods (and other which I wanted to turn into powder. I've also been giving away a lot of the yellow blend because it's delicious and not as hot (more fit for the masses). The result, if you pick yellow you'll get the majority of the ounce in powder but it will be bolstered with dried pods to ensure that we exceed the ounce mark.

I'm about to order a scale. When I did my last auction I eye-balled it and went for 1.5 ounces with the idea that were I off, I'd still come through on delivering what I was advertising.

Question: A realize that the fluid ounce demarcations on a measuring cup relate to volume and an ounce measured on a scale corresponds to mass. With that said, I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me the following. Were I to pour powder into a measuring cup, how many fluid ounces would I need to be sure that I had exceeded 28.5 grams. I'm clueless as to the density of powder. 

We were the lucky recipients of Captain's last offer of a LARGE box of his peppers.  I could not believe how many peppers were in the box, but every single one was looking great - over 300 of them!  Captain sent exactly what was listed here on THP.  I chose an assortment because we love the flavors of all mingling with each other.

This weekend we finally finished making puree of each color plus a mixture of all.  Then we made 'ice cubes' of them to use later in the season. 

Great going, Captain.  Most of the peppers were large and I was able to save a 'few' seeds for next year.  Plus he included almost an ounce of powder which I shared with a couple of people that wanted a few pods, but were quite happy with a bit of powder.

Whoever will be the lucky person to purchase Captain's peppers is in for a real treat.  Thanks, Captain, for these great peppers!

catherinew said:
We were the lucky recipients of Captain's last offer of a LARGE box of his peppers.  I could not believe how many peppers were in the box, but every single one was looking great - over 300 of them!  Captain sent exactly what was listed here on THP.  I chose an assortment because we love the flavors of all mingling with each other.

This weekend we finally finished making puree of each color plus a mixture of all.  Then we made 'ice cubes' of them to use later in the season. 

Great going, Captain.  Most of the peppers were large and I was able to save a 'few' seeds for next year.  Plus he included almost an ounce of powder which I shared with a couple of people that wanted a few pods, but were quite happy with a bit of powder.

Whoever will be the lucky person to purchase Captain's peppers is in for a real treat.  Thanks, Captain, for these great peppers!

Thanks so much catherinew! I'm really happy that you were pleased with what I sent you!

Howdy Cap'n,

I'll be away from the glow box tonite. If I win, I'll paypal in the morning.

I would like a nice mix of all your different peppers, and chocolate powder.

Prefer some way of labeling the different types (paper/plastic bags) if possible. Also prefer them as fresh as possible.

Thank you, sir!

Idiot Piquant said:
Howdy Cap'n,

I'll be away from the glow box tonite. If I win, I'll paypal in the morning.

I would like a nice mix of all your different peppers, and chocolate powder.

Prefer some way of labeling the different types (paper/plastic bags) if possible. Also prefer them as fresh as possible.

Thank you, sir!

Not a problem in the slightest. Chocolate it is. We had a heat wave roughly 7 weeks ago which is resulting in a slight lull in production. After tonight's harvest I'll have more than a LFRB but not significantly more.

I'll give priority to the freshest and most gnarly looking pods.

The one slight problem is in regards to segregating them. Some pods look unique and I can immediately identify them. There are others where I can either narrow it down (due to pod variation) or I'm say 60%, 70%, 80%, etc. sure that its a particular strain.

Here's what I can/will do regardless of who wins. When I harvest tonight I'll find a gnarly, true to form representative of each strain and label it. That way the recipient will know for seed harvesting purposes.

Initially I created labels which I thought were waterproof. I was wrong. That raises two problems.

1) TSMB and BS. One of them has a small portion of pods with what I deem to be small tails. I'm going with said plant is the BS but I can't swear to which is truly which.

2) 7 Pot Brown: They look just like Chocolate TSMB's but darker. My source told me that they were OP and they were grown next to a huge range of super/ultra hot pepper..I received the mother pod which was indeed true to form. The pods from this plant are massive, insanely cool looking and super hot. For better or worse they've got to be a hybrid of some kind. BTW, this plant is tremendous!

Obviously the absolute way to value such a massive quantity of pods is by looking at the market value. If we forget about what others are getting for their pods it get overly confusing.

On one hand I've devoted a tremendous amount of time and money to start these plants in January and keep them happy this whole time. Ignoring that and factoring in the $16 shipping charge (which iis included in) I'm getting a poor hourly rate to even harvest.

On the other hand, I have a busy week and lack the time to process the peppers. I can't stand the thought of them rotting and going to waste. After everything which I've put into these plants I want each and every pod enjoyed. I've given tons away to friends. Also, I'm renting a plot of land for gardening. My wife and I are in the process of moving. Next year I'll be gardening outside my back door. I don't expect to recoup my hobby costs but any money generated goes a long way towards keeping my wife off of my back and allowing me to create my dream garden.

I want this auction to be a  win/win proposition. By the way, someone help me guesstimate an ounce of powder without a scale. If I'm going to fill a measuring cup then how many fluid ounces would equal 28 grams. Don't worry bidders, I'll HEAVILY round up to ensure that the powder quantity is in excess of an ounce. 

Back