• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Australia comes to the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey gang!!!!!!! Oldsalty here with a review of are friend Shorerider's incredible HOT SAUCE. I recently received 2 sauces and a package of Red Gum wood smoke bishop hat powder.
IMG_20150717_110547.jpg

Ok up first Smoke "N" Fire. This sauce smells is super clean has a nice hint of garlic when you first breathe it in complementing the garden fresh pepper smell!.
First taste hits you with a nice tang bursting with a bright pepper flavor complemented perfectly by the garlic and a hint of smoke that balances out this sauce just right!!
This sauce is a thicker sauce with a consistency of siracha. So it sticks nicely to anything you put it on.
Tried it so far on some meatloaf and a nice NY strip. And bang this is killer on steak!!
I'm talking a match made in heaven!! Also fantastic as every day sauce. Pizza,eggs,pork,chicken,etc, Heather and I loved it she rated the heat higher than I did but this is definitely a chili head's sauce I'd rate as a medium hot were Heather rates it about 7.5 scale 1/10
Looking forward to mixing with my homemade sweet tomato based BBQ sauce :)
Love the color and nice pieces of garlic,seeds, and char from the peppers.
IMG_20150717_110547.jpg
IMG_20150717_110802.jpg

Next up: HELLBURNERO
This sauce is completely different a lighter peachy yellow color when you first open this sauce you get a nice citrus sweet smell with a nice spice like nutmeg smell and that fantastic Hab scent.
Ok the flavor: Man oh man this is amazing, the pieces of pepper and garlic give a perfect consistency to this sauce a thinner version then it's brother. This sauce pours quite easily but still has good body. With great flavor that gives you that tropical taste profile fruity but not overdone keeping that clean pepper flavor.
Heather went crazy over this sauce said she was not expecting that flavor burst sweet and spice again with the perfect balance of tang!
This sauce will shine on seafood of all types as well as chicken and pork!!
The Heat on this is milder but balanced still tickling your tongue without being overpowering. For me 3/4 and for Heather 4/5.
IMG_20150717_112135.jpg
IMG_20150717_112121.jpg

Finally the smoker bishop hat powder: this has the perfect smoke on the peppers!! Very interesting as I've never had anything smoked in gum wood but I'm sold the smoke flavor is exceptional as well as the color have been using on everything nice heat without overpowering so I'm looking forward in using in a spicy coffee rub I'm working on.
IMG_20150717_112449_kindlephoto-464392462.jpg

Also thought the labeling was very funny!! :)
IMG_20150717_111806.jpg

Ok now the bragging because as of now I'm the only lucky bastard outside of Australia to have these beauties!!!!! :) and I'd like to thank Paul again for his way to generous shipment and say as we've all come to know that PEPPER PEOPLE ARE THE BEST!!!!! And Shorerider is a shinning example of the community spirit and world wide brotherhood that you find here at THP!!!!!! So if anyone has the extra coin I would highly recommend making a purchase and if y'all are lucky enough to live near Shorerider givem a shout you won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Thanks again my brother!!
Cheers

Shore Rider puts up some damn fine sauces OS - I speak from experience!  That smoked bishop's hat powder is also a wonderful addition to just about anything.  Plus he's got a knack for sauce names to boot lol!  :cheers:

SmokenFire said:
Shore Rider puts up some damn fine sauces OS - I speak from experience!  That smoked bishop's hat powder is also a wonderful addition to just about anything.  Plus he's got a knack for sauce names to boot lol!  :cheers:
Hahaha yep that smoke n fire is a dam sexy name!! :)

Wow, thanks for the great review Salty, glad you and Heather both liked them. You're review was spot on! It reflects my thoughts exactly, though I may be a little bit biased.

I also love Smoke "N" Fire on red meats, and now can't eat pizza without it. I had some on some roast Lamb just last weekend and it was fantastic!

Seeing as Heather "went crazy" over Hellburnero I'd say you'd better stock up on rose petals, dust off the Barry White records and I'm sure you know the rest. :rofl:

You're the only one to have a bottle of Smoke "N" Fire in the US, but Dru and one other "lucky" THP member have Hellburnero. 

Yes Dru, the sauce is named after you, my idol, my hero, my inspiration! Well not really, it actually has more to do with the ingredients, most of the names of my sauces have a meaning. Google my other sauce's name "Scarlet Pain" if you think Smoke "N" Fire is sexy!

If ever you'd like some more OS,  just let me know, and we can work something out. 

It's people like YOU brother, that make the rest of us here think that when life gets you down, you get back up, walk up to it, grab it by the balls and say "is that all you got?" Thank you my friend. 

SR.

Nice one SR.! Some commercial Aussie sauces are now up for grabs in the next throw down too. Oh that reminds me SR. are you still needing superhots? I have a bunch of dried pods now. Pm me if you do with your details.

Shorerider said:
Wow, thanks for the great review Salty, glad you and Heather both liked them. You're review was spot on! It reflects my thoughts exactly, though I may be a little bit biased.

I also love Smoke "N" Fire on red meats, and now can't eat pizza without it. I had some on some roast Lamb just last weekend and it was fantastic!

Seeing as Heather "went crazy" over Hellburnero I'd say you'd better stock up on rose petals, dust off the Barry White records and I'm sure you know the rest. :rofl:

You're the only one to have a bottle of Smoke "N" Fire in the US, but Dru and one other "lucky" THP member have Hellburnero. 

Yes Dru, the sauce is named after you, my idol, my hero, my inspiration! Well not really, it actually has more to do with the ingredients, most of the names of my sauces have a meaning. Google my other sauce's name "Scarlet Pain" if you think Smoke "N" Fire is sexy!

If ever you'd like some more OS,  just let me know, and we can work something out. 

It's people like YOU brother, that make the rest of us here think that when life gets you down, you get back up, walk up to it, grab it by the balls and say "is that all you got?" Thank you my friend. 

SR.

Shorerider said:

SR.
Thank You brother!! Man Barry white ,rose petals, and hot sauce now we're talking haha haha haha :)
Really excited to do some BBQ with your sauces SR, will post some more pics with my next cook.
Thanks again my Friend Heather and I really are enjoying them!!!!!!! :)

Back