Automatic Logoff?

I've just had this start happening within the last couple of days. I can either be moving between pages or be posting a response in a thread, and when the page reloads I find I am logged out. 

And YES, SCOVIE - I cleared my cache, restarted my browser, restarted the computer..... but it still happens. Not with ever post or every page, but enough that it's annoying. Any idea what's going on with this?

Try clearing cache and cookies, and if on Windows, then hit F5 key to hard refresh.

On Safari on my Mac, already did both cache and cookies. Same thing happened while on my client's PC, also cleared cache and cookies, no change. I'll go back to their computer and try the F5 thing. 

Try actually closing your browser and reopening to clear your session.

LOL - Did ALL of that before creating this thread. Also shut down and restarted the machine. 

Maybe it's the site gremlins at work. 

NO! The site squirrels have gone on strike!  STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!  ;)

LOL.

BTW - Just happened with Firefox, too. Before I accessed the site, I cleared cache and cookies in that browser, too.

So I've had it happen on 2 computers with 3 browsers now.

Geeme, sorted now? Please try.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I have never seen 23 members online before. The other day there was over 900 members here. I wonder if this is happening to others?

View attachment 5399

That wax my fix for geeme I had to clear all the sessions. :)

I'll let you know after a bit. Was away for a while.

So far so good.....

I'll let you know if that changes.

Thanks!

.... and again, this time while I was leaving chat. It's not happening as often - it was happening anywhere from every to every 3rd page load, but now it seems to be limited to activity around chat. I'll let you know if it begins to happen more often and/or in other circumstances.

Just happened again as I was posting a status update. However, this time it came up with a dialog box in addition to logging me off: Action failed. 

Not terribly helpful, but different from before. 

BTW - This is still occurring on a regular basis. I do log myself out regularly when leaving my computer, but getting logged out by the system several times a day is getting rather old. Others in chat have mentioned it happens to them randomly, too. Reminder - it happens to me with different browsers and on different computers, so it's not limited to one source. It's happened on a Mac and two different PC's, on Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. Sometimes it happens immediately after I log in, sometimes I can make a post or two before it happens, it sometimes happens while I'm in chat, etc. 

That's not cool. I wonder if there is something in your settings on your THP account that needs to be disabled?
email notifications? I wish I could be more help, but I am pretty stoopid with these things.

The issue is browser cache, what happened on the last update was they changed something with javascript so some users had issues with the old file being cached. This is why you are having issues on all browsers because you visited the site on them before. You'll need to empty your entire cache and cookies, not just 30 days etc., and delete all temp files, and you may want to empty history just to be sure. There should be an option to remove all. This is not a bug it is how your browser is communicating. If that is not working you may want to update your browsers, not sure how old they are, and also check the settings for cookies. Beyond that I have no suggestions, sorry. But that is the issue and that is how to resolve.

That makes sense bossman.

Geeme, Reset Safari. (Safari menu: 'Reset Safari') It is good to do once in awhile. It removes everything including passwords, but once you re-enter them you're good to go. You probably know this already... :)

Scoville DeVille said:
That makes sense bossman.

Geeme, Reset Safari. (Safari menu: 'Reset Safari') It is good to do once in awhile. It removes everything including passwords, but once you re-enter them you're good to go. You probably know this already... :)

And by saving passwords in you browser, it makes them much easier to steal!  :)

Back