• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Automatic sprays - indoors

Hey all,

Have a real issue with psyllids in my garage grow - has anyone used an automatic pyrethrum spray (like the timed bug sprayers used in house fly control at home) to control bugs? 

Only during foliage growth.

Thinking of using one coupled with a fan.

Cheers,

Dave.

Im quite interested in this, I had a battle with Psyllids. (outdoors in a grow shed though) and they are horrible horrible things!

What ended up working best for me (and was VERY time consuming), was I put some "bug oil" in a small shot glass, then used Q-tips to wipe the "bug oil" on the phsyllid eggs that are situated around the edges of the leaves.

It took along time..but that was about all that worked for me. Need to stop the life cycle.

Let us know how you get on, or how you end up dealing with them!
good luck

Cheers folks.

nzchili, wow, 'time consuming' must be a heck of an understatement!! Thanks for the tip, though - will try it if needed. "Bug oil" was something like neem?

I've got the autosprayer in now, and 4 days in - no more psyllids or eggs yet... and no plant/leaf damage. Looking like a winner so far!

Will report back in a week or so with results...

Back