• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Autumn 2018 grow (2nd grow) preparations and some questions

Hi,

I've detailed my first ever grow in a glog herearound and I'm already planning next season. Since my seasons are indoor seasons with only artificial lighting (small apartment, cats) I'll let the current plants (bhut jolokia, cayenne and 7 pot brain strain) produce over most of the summer and then reset the grow tent sometime in the fall (august/september).

It's a 80*80*160cm tent (if it has survived the cats, they've recently discovered how to hop up ontop of it and I've had to patch and straighten it) and I've used a 250W hps.

I've used the "hempy bucket" method and I like it because: it's practically impossible to overwater the plants and even now, at their production peak, they don't need feeding more than twice a week. 10l buckets has been much overkill though in terms of the jungle they've produced.

-5l buckets are borderline and regarding the types I'm gunning for: aji mango, rocoto; will 5l buckets produce trees too do you think?

-As the grow starts in the tent while ambient temps are dropping do you reckon a 75W LED will work initially (as the HPS consumes more power and I hear plants may get more leggy ..but that is in relation to MH; don't know about LED) and as the plant reach a suitable size for flowering (including more foliage to penetrate) and producing fruit the LED can be replaced with the HPS?

'A penny for your thoughts'

This is definitely a fun hobby and I'm going to try and create a few salsas with the bhut fruits : )

Back