• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

autumn in aus is close

Autumn is close and I've just repotted my plants ( naga morich) .living in Queensland its starting to cool down a lot at night . Was repottng them now a good thing and any info on what to do on from here to winter.any info would help first winter growing chillies so I need some help. Thanks . Plants are 50 cm high doing well. Especially after my dog attacking them.

They might be fine where they are, but if you can move them to a northern-facing area that gets a bit of sun it will help. Depends where in Qld you are, closer to the top-end, less need to worry.

If you have space, a greenhouse could be an idea, soft ones can be found online for $70. I'm in Sydney and just moved all mine into soft greenhouses. And it is a bit colder here at the moment.

Mate, I've been pondering the same thing!

As some of my plants are still producing, I'm gonna let them keep growing for now and see what happens. Once it starts to get really cold, I'm gonna prune most of 'em right back (so they hopefully explode with grow come spring) but let a few continue to grow over winter just to see what happens. I'm led to believe that up here in QLD, we should be right to pretty much grow all year round. :D

As far down as Byron I've seed bird's eye 'trees' that produce fruit almost all year round. So unless we get some nasty frosts, they should be fine. Like gasificada, after the awful Summer mine only recently became productive.

ive recently done the same... all my habanero plants have taken off and are still producing pods.... im in ballina on the nsw north coast and im noticing that there is not much change in temp here yet... im hoping to prune back and sit them in a soft greenhouse over winter... but i get the feeling they are all going to just keep fruiting as there are still many pods and flowers coming up!!

Remote-thermometer in my soft-greenhouse here in Syd is reading about 19c at the moment, but plants are still producing pods. Hopefully it warms a bit and they will ripen up.

Recent storms would have trashed the plants a bit if the roof hadn't been over their head.

Back