Awesome Chilli Auctions

I'm sure most of you are aware of the devastating floods that have hit the Gascoyne and Carnarvon region in Western Australia and all the floods that are happening in QLD. Many houses,farms, businesses,posessions, cars and 10 lives have been taken and destroyed. These have been going on for a few weeks now and are affecting more and more people as time goes on.

After a little bit of thought I wondered how I could help out the people that have suffered from these terrible events. So I decided to contact a number of companies that sell chilli related products in Australia and America to see if they would like to donate prizes to an Auction that will help these victims. I have only asked one member here to donate so far as I thought most of you would see this, so if you also run a chilli company and would like to donate a product or two please contact me via email sales@wildfirechilli.com.au

The response has been overwhelming with more than 100 products already being pledged including: Chilli Vodka and shot glasses, T-shirts, numerous sauces, chutneys and pickles, Chilli Cordial, Chilli Earrings, Chilli seed packets, Dukkah, chilli powder and chilli mustards, just to name a few. Dave Dewitt will also be donating his Complete Guide to Chile Peppers book.

As a result I will be holding a number of Auctions starting in the next few days (open to Australia and the rest of the World) and ending on Sunday 6th Feb to raise money for the "Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund" for the Gascoyne region which will help around 200 individuals with money for clothes, food, accommodation and anything else they need. I have permission to use their licence for fundraising which is no:17837.
I have also asked another charity to use their licence for the QLD relief fund which I will be receiving confirmation of in the next couple of days.

If you can't bid on the Auctions but would like to make a small donation anyway then please send funds through my paypal account sales@wildfirechilli.com.au in $AU and I will pass on all the donations in a lump sum from the chilli community. Please choose the personal and "gift" field when sending payments through paypal and leave a comment saying which fund it is for.

I will not be receiving any funds for any of this and will be paying any fees associated with running this apart from charges to cover postage to the winners if I can't find a courier company to help out.

It looks like this will be a great event and I ask that you pass on this link to all of your friends and family and business associates to help make this successful. Please support the people of W.A and QLD and help them rebuild their lives.

Thanks

Candice

Companies that have pledged donations or helped so far:
Alabama Jack (U.S.A)
Alchemy Cordial
Blue Kitchen
Budget Print
Burning Tastebuds
Chilli Bird
Chilli Freak
Chilli & Spice
Dave Dewitt (Fiery Foods supersite)(U.S.A)
Defcon (USA)
Disaster Bay Chillies
Food Symphony
Heartbreaking Dawns (USA)
Heatseekers Chilli
Karrimah Farm
Matchett Productions
Refining Fire Chillies (U.S.A)
Salsa Lady (Texas Creek Hot Sauce)(U.S.A) also a co coordinator in this auction
Scorpion Chilli
Sticky Fingers
The Berry Farm
Twisted Pickle
Whittingtons
Wildfire Chilli
Wild Swan Distillery (TOP DONATION - over $500 worth of products!)

That is a great thing you're doing. Where and how will the auctions be held? Will it be on this site or somewhere else like an ebay thing? I'll be in that! Not like I needed an excuse to buy some more chilli sauce! :rofl:

Thanks for those who have donated so far.

For any US sauce makers who would like to donate a bottle or two, I have offered to coordinate with Candice for shipping. US makers can send the bottles to me, and I'll send a bulk package to AU, we're still working out the details.

Contact Candice with your donation information so she can add the products to the list.
Ann
Salsalady

That is a great thing you're doing. Where and how will the auctions be held? Will it be on this site or somewhere else like an ebay thing? I'll be in that! Not like I needed an excuse to buy some more chilli sauce! :rofl:

Hi

The Auctions will be held here on THP, but am also thinking of perhaps doing one on ebay and maybe even at a local event if there are enough prizes. I will post it all here when it happens.
Once a few more products start rolling in then I will start one off in this promotion section.
Thanks for your support!

Also anyone who makes a donation to my paypal account for the appeal may just be lucky and chosen to receive a chilli gift pack.
Even if you think ou don't have much to offer, just miss out on that drink you would usually buy at lunch or coffee in the morning and donate $5. Now that there is more flooding there are going to be even more people that need our help!

Candice

Hi candice, I had just started a similar idea in another section of the forum. How about i just add my sauces to your list of goodies.

Some of the donations pledged so far. (In no particular order)

Disaster Bay Chillies
DisasterBayChilliGiftBox.jpg

Matchett Productions
Matchettchilli_fire1.gif

Matchettchilli_jam1.gif

Matchettchilli_sting1.gif

Ok all the auctions are completed now and the money added up. With money raised from the Aus & USA auctions, Toby's fresh chilli auction, Jacob's donation, a few single chilli buys (not on auction) and the rest of the ebay auctions we managed to raise $1365.94. So $683 will go to each fund.
Thanks again to everyone who participated!

Back