• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

azamax question

hello everyone .. i have a question about how much to dilute azamax.. thank you.. how much azamax should i use for one liter of water.. than you guys

The problem with most Mite poisons is mites get immune REALLY fast if you don't use them long after you think the mites are gone.
Mites hibernate egg ladened females when the colony starts to die off.
Eggs that got treated tend to hatch immune mites.
I went through 4 seasons of broad mite and spider mite infestation.
Only thing that seems to work are stuff that contains sulfur,
Most are sold as fungusides.
They work better but you have to spray often,even after you think the mites are gone.
I got rid of all my plants and 3 months later I had spider mites dropping out of the fluoros that had hibernated there.
I was lucky I hadn't grown stuff that year like I do most of the time for seeds when they came out.
I fought those mites for 4 seasons.Ends up they were going into my lights when things got bad for them.
I had tried everything in the book for years and they always came back.
I got rid of the spider mites but still fight the broad mites outside,
They love C. Pubescens,
Sulfur sprays seem to keep them at bay so far.
Gotta keep spraying though.
I spray at sunset because it says sulfur will burn leaves.Never had that problem yet.

Azamax is based off the active chemical in neem oil, azadirachtin, which most pests have a hard time developing an immunity to.  Which is why they've used it for so long in India without a significant loss in effectiveness.  It works as an analog of a naturally produced growth regulating hormone, when they feed on the plant it disrupts their hormone levels effecting all stages of growth.  I prefer neem oil as it also inhibits eggs from hatching, I'm not sure if azamax does as well.  I've used neem oil indoors for years, generally once a week over all my plants as a preventative (also has anti-fungal properties) and have no problems with pests.

It's also safe for humans and non toxic, they use it as tooth paste in India.

Monkey Hunter said:
I prefer neem oil as it also inhibits eggs from hatching, I'm not sure if azamax does as well.

Yep, being systemic you can apply Azamax as soil drench. I find it more simple and effective than spraying.
Dilution table is inside the instruction given.

Cya

Datil

For me neem concentrate in higher ratios was worthless.
I don't know what it does but it did make my plants look greener after application but the mites turned them yellow eventually.
I started spraying neem at first every other day as suggested on the instructions.
Then 1 time a week...
Spraying my plants down with water worked as well.

I think I tried everything in the book to kill the spider and broad mites.
Birds were dropping out of the sky if they flew over my pots.

I tried everything over 4 seasons to get rid of them.
Sufur seems to be the only thing that works if you use it right.
Find a fugacide that is sulfur and oil.3in1 was what worked but Sulfur works best=so far.

http://www.natureslawn.com/liquid-sulfur.php

I spray my plants down with my pump sprayer.
I don't measure the sulfur,I just add a couple shots to my 2 gal. sprayer.Maybe 4 oz. +/-.
Shipping sucks,costs more than the ga.
Mites are worse though.

I used to use this stuff but can't find it anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/Soil-Sul-Liquid-Sulfur-Gallon/dp/B000FPX25K

When I order it they say it's out of stock...
Beth at Peppermania told me about it years ago.

Back